• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Roast the cable scams!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I'm afraid only I truly get Jimbob54's joke.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have seen real lengthy reviews with song comparisons in certain forums. Don’t know how can placebo drive people’s mind crazy to write page long about a cable!!

Mostly too much time. Or money. Or both.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I have seen real lengthy reviews with song comparisons in certain forums. Don’t know how can placebo drive people’s mind crazy to write page long about a cable!!
Quite often it's a thing called money that inspires the beautiful prose.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Could be people like to brag about their ears and gears capabilities, or are selling or have an interest in these items being sold.
Could be they truly believe they can hear differences, could be they just want to tell porkies and be an interesting individual, could be they want more likes.
Who knows. In both cases (misguided or misguiding) it's about a business where lots of money changes hands.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
After cryo treatment is is important to use the mentioned SolderP (TM) treatment to give the cable an organic feel. :D
A bit like a reverse temperature sauna experience for the cryo'd cable.
Fortunately for Jimbob the entire procedure was not used and he will be receiving an untreated cable. Otherwise he would have to fork out huge amounts of cash anyway and he wanted to save a few pounds.

3125b

Major Contributor
Instructions unclear, pen*s stuck in freezer.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Funny how audiophiles bother to cryo their cables for then burn-in them.:p

In addition, if we "roast the cable scams", I guess the taste won't be so good at the end.;)
Plastic /rubber and ovens not a good mix in my experience

3125b

Major Contributor
Most cables will problably not fare so well in extreme temperatures, silicone should be fine (temp. range about -55 to 300°C), but most (audio) cables have thermal plastic (PVC, PU etc.) isolation and mantle ... probably not ideal if you take "burn in" literally, especially PVC :)
I bet there are people out there who do that.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
"Let us try to explain our technology in a more illustrious manner. The process is analogous to loading software for computer."

LOL :facepalm:
Solid gold BS!

ReaderZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The issue is high quality cheap replacement cable doesn't really exist.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The issue is high quality cheap replacement cable doesn't really exist.
Oh no you didn't !!!!

Where is your sarcasm emoji ? :oops:

ReaderZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Oh no you didn't !!!!

Where is your sarcasm emoji ? :oops:

I want balanced cable for LCD-3, please let me know where I can find it good and cheap. If I really want it I will just get the official one at 150 USD, IMO it's already very expansive, but aftermarket ones...

Top Bottom