• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
I think "sub optimal" covers it ;) Those inductors right next to the amp module.

Shielding won't help, the switching signals are floating around and conducted and radiated through that wiring anyway.

The psu bolted to the chassis should be adequate heatsinking.
How do you shield the power supply from the amplifier on the all in one Hypex boards?

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
Then that confirms he doesnt have adequate electronics understanding. This is a very well known issue.

The chassis doesnt appear to be connected to mains safety earth as there is no wire on the connector dedicated for that purpose. I dont see bolts holding the IEC receptical to the chassis, so I dont see a connection there, but this could be the case. Looks like a push in job.

View attachment 59644
If the IEC is tightly pushed into the case, how would the connectivity differ from a push on terminal that is used in wiring the amplifier? They both make friction contact.

jae

Major Contributor
Is there a DIY chassis (or plate for ghent audio case) made specifically for this?

Hemi-Demon

These Purifi, NCORE, and Hypex modules are so powerful, small and efficient, it just makes me wonder if there is any way I could fabricate a 12V power supply to run these in a car environment. The lack of generated heat and overall clean output would be better than any car amplifier I have ever used. Any idea on what it would take, if at all possible?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
These Purifi, NCORE, and Hypex modules are so powerful, small and efficient, it just makes me wonder if there is any way I could fabricate a 12V power supply to run these in a car environment. The lack of generated heat and overall clean output would be better than any car amplifier I have ever used. Any idea on what it would take, if at all possible?
Or just use a class D car amplifier like the Alpine below.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...d-600-1d-nano-car-amplifier.11521/post-330869

zeb512

Sorry if it is a dumb question but I'm wondering if this module can be used with small speaker rated like this:
Recommended amplifier: 30 - 80 W
Sensitivity: 90 dB / 1W / 1m
Impedance: 6 Ohms

The goal would be to replace internal amp from a Yamaha DSP-Z7.. any gain regarding SQ ?
My reasoning is to invest in a good power module and change later other components.

Any advice welcome :)

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Sorry if it is a dumb question but I'm wondering if this module can be used with small speaker rated like this:
Recommended amplifier: 30 - 80 W
Sensitivity: 90 dB / 1W / 1m
Impedance: 6 Ohms

The goal would be to replace internal amp from a Yamaha DSP-Z7.. any gain regarding SQ ?
My reasoning is to invest in a good power module and change later other components.

Any advice welcome :)
7 channels, 7 modules.
Do you have a raw idea of the feasibility of the thing?

zeb512

7 channels, 7 modules.
Do you have a raw idea of the feasibility of the thing?
No :) This is why I'm asking.
My end of the day setup would be:
- PC with TV / Movie / Music
- dac8 pro
- Purifi 1ET400A
I dont know if it's a good idea or not this is why I'm asking.
For the power module I would like to start with 2 or 4 of them (L R or L R C) then later two more.

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
- dac8 pro
- Purifi 1ET400A
For the power module I would like to start with 2 or 4 of them (L R or L R C) then later two more.
Then what are you doing with the Yamaha?
I may suggest two things: look at the cost of the modules, and browse through the Purifi diy thread https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/diy-purifi-amp-builds.10478/

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Vincentponcet

Forum Donor
- dac8 pro
- Purifi 1ET400A

I'm looking for exactly the same in 5.1
I just received a DAC8Pro
It looks like custom input buffer provides nothing except more cost compared to the EVAL-1 ( Tell me if I'm wrong, I'm just discovering the topic).
hifi2000 has cases of 165mm height, in which you could out EVAL1 stereo module as vertical, to put several modules.
If I put 3 stereo modules, that's enough for my 5.1 (I do not need the .1, sub is powered).
Using an Hypex 3kW module, that's enough for 6 modules (and knowing that I will use 5 anyway).
one case and one power supply would make it significantly cheaper than using stereo amps.
That would be my dream amp.

By the way, how would you manage TV / Movie / music in the PC ?

Vincentponcet

Forum Donor
NAD sells a 7 channel power amplifier: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...iew-and-measurements-of-nad-m27-pwr-amp.9036/

I find it quite cheap for the quality and number of modules.

Great price for performance, but it is an NC400.
SINADs are close : 101 vs 104, but third harmonic performance is significantly better, -130db for Purifi against - 108db for NAD M27
It is possible that NAD will provide a Purifi based 7 channels amp at some point, as they are already doing a stereo amp (Nad M33).

Zoomer

zeb512

I'm looking for exactly the same in 5.1
I just received a DAC8Pro
It looks like custom input buffer provides nothing except more cost compared to the EVAL-1 ( Tell me if I'm wrong, I'm just discovering the topic).
hifi2000 has cases of 165mm height, in which you could out EVAL1 stereo module as vertical, to put several modules.
If I put 3 stereo modules, that's enough for my 5.1 (I do not need the .1, sub is powered).
Using an Hypex 3kW module, that's enough for 6 modules (and knowing that I will use 5 anyway).
one case and one power supply would make it significantly cheaper than using stereo amps.
That would be my dream amp.

By the way, how would you manage TV / Movie / music in the PC ?
Maybe another way that can reuse some component I have (Shield TV / HD Vertex).
I dont know if shield will work with minidsp.. and how to process audio correctly on the PC (direct 7.1 to 5.1 or 2.1 for Roon).
That's the idea... if someone can comment on possible issue it will help.

Attachments

• Schema.png
    Schema.png
    3 MB · Views: 211

Vincentponcet

Forum Donor
Maybe another way that can reuse some component I have (Shield TV / HD Vertex).
I dont know if shield will work with minidsp.. and how to process audio correctly on the PC (direct 7.1 to 5.1 or 2.1 for Roon).
That's the idea... if someone can comment on possible issue it will help.
I don't think NVIDIA Shield support multi channel USB DACs. It will most probably use only 2 channels.

Vincentponcet

Forum Donor
Top Bottom