• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC

mkolmar

I landed on ASR after I became curious about what an approximate replacement is these days to the Mytek. While it had been on the market some time, for the year 2016, it was capable of 24/192 and DSD. As the measurements support, it's on the analytical or dry end in traditional audiophile terms, and functionally "neutral" in music production terms. Since then, other devices even at it's current price on the used market are measurably more neutral.

Levels were out-of-range compared to other devices. Although my preamp could handle the higher levels, the lower level with jumpers was more appropriate alongside disc spinners and TV. Some will appreciate higher levels than normal consumer gear in a music production setting.

Similarly, the options for PCM filter and upsample are useful for experimentation, if you suspect some recordings benefit from the various tradeoffs. True for the analog section as well.

I'm reasonably confident the ASIO driver will continue to work long enough that nobody has to feel bad by the time it stops working, the unit moves to a less important room, and is connected by Toslink instead.

Top Bottom