• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix is developing a MiniDSP destroyer.

Evldice

Does anyone currently have one in hand? Can the app be used like the 5k on your smartphone, I'm guessing not because of the lack of Bluetooth. Can anyone clarify?

bahamot

Does anyone currently have one in hand? Can the app be used like the 5k on your smartphone, I'm guessing not because of the lack of Bluetooth. Can anyone clarify?
At the moment android app can't connect to T71. But qudelix is going to make it possible with future updates.

Music1969

Major Contributor
What kind of cable wiring to get 8ch balanced output from 4.4mm out?

mSpot

In case you haven't seen it, the Qudelix-T71 User Manual is available. Sad to see that the final design no longer has a rotary volume control that was shown in post #27. The volume control has been changed to two buttons that are exactly symmetrical with two other buttons on the opposite side. It makes for poor ergonomics that forces you to really pay attention to which button you want to press (the 5K also has a similar issue). An asymmetrical design is better for operating by feel without having to look.

The device doesn't seem interesting unless used with the dedicated surround IEMs. I will wait for feedback on those.

MCH

Major Contributor
Hi, I have read the website and the user manual but I am not sure I understood it well + I've never used any qudelix product nor software and still have some questions:
1. Can it receive multichannel audio and output the same multichannel audio without processing or processing each channel separately? Or can it only receive stereo?
2. Does it work in Linux?
4. Can channels be inverted and summed to have, for instance, 4 balanced channels or 2 balanced+6 unbalanced?
4b. In case the signal could not be inverted within the device, would it be possible to feed the device with some channels already inverted to then sum into balanced?
Thanks.

Tano

In case you haven't seen it, the Qudelix-T71 User Manual is available. Sad to see that the final design no longer has a rotary volume control that was shown in post #27. The volume control has been changed to two buttons that are exactly symmetrical with two other buttons on the opposite side. It makes for poor ergonomics that forces you to really pay attention to which button you want to press (the 5K also has a similar issue). An asymmetrical design is better for operating by feel without having to look.

The device doesn't seem interesting unless used with the dedicated surround IEMs. I will wait for feedback on those.
They ditched the volume wheel a long time ago, before launching the final product. I would have loved a wheel, but the buttons work very good, way better than the Qudelix 5k ones.

The device is very interesting even without the dedicated IEMs.
It makes a difference with regular stereo headphones. Watching multichannel content and games sound more engaging and dynamic, with better imaging. This is very noticiable, specially with the Sennheiser HD800s.
So Id recommend it if you play/ watch content with sorround sound.

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Nice thanks.

And do any such cables exist? or have to DIY ? @wslee
AFAIK, there is no available adapter/cable yet. The only thing Qudelix has announced is a multi-channel IEM connecting through this USB-C port.
I don’t think I can solder a DIY USB-C adapter cable, except if I start from a breakout board :rolleyes:

bahamot

Hi, I have read the website and the user manual but I am not sure I understood it well + I've never used any qudelix product nor software and still have some questions:
1. Can it receive multichannel audio and output the same multichannel audio without processing or processing each channel separately? Or can it only receive stereo?
2. Does it work in Linux?
4. Can channels be inverted and summed to have, for instance, 4 balanced channels or 2 balanced+6 unbalanced?
4b. In case the signal could not be inverted within the device, would it be possible to feed the device with some channels already inverted to then sum into balanced?
Thanks.
1. Yes it receives up to 7.1 pcm. If you're not using T71 IEM it will perform downmix through its 8 channels dac.
2. Yes, it works on Linux. At the moment I'm using it with moodeaudio on pie zero w 2.
IMG_20231015_224311.jpg
3. Not sure what you mean. But at the moment you can adjust volume of each channel independently.

Last edited:

CedarX

Forum Donor
Surround IEM: still not released, but from I could read in the Qudelix forum, it’s not going to be a surround IEM, but a quad driver (1 DD, 3 BA) with active crossover. Still unique and therefore interesting, but I was expecting……. more :(

Attachments

• IMG_1211.jpeg
    IMG_1211.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 76

bahamot

Surround IEM: still not released, but from I could read in the Qudelix forum, it’s not going to be a surround IEM, but a quad driver (1 DD, 3 BA) with active crossover. Still unique and therefore interesting, but I was expecting……. more :(
From the description it's not just an active crossover
IMG_20231115_114324.jpg

Last edited:

mSpot

from I could read in the Qudelix forum, it’s not going to be a surround IEM
What makes it not a surround IEM? Each surround channel on a separate driver, as you would do with surround speakers.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
It’s getting more and more unclear to me why we are looking at a MiniDSP destroyer.

Veri

Master Contributor
4-way cross-over, huh... expected smth different, indeed.

CedarX

Forum Donor
What makes it not a surround IEM? Each surround channel on a separate driver, as you would do with surround speakers.

The T71 itself is definitely 8-channel capable. But if the 4x drivers output into a common nozzle in the ear canal, isn’t it equivalent to summing the surround channels upstream with a 1x driver IEM?
AFAIK, a pair of 4-way active speakers is not equivalent to 8x individual speakers positioned around you.

I was hoping for an “IEM” simulating surround perception—something where, for example, each driver would target a different part of the ear pinna, or something else…

Last edited:

paudio

They made something with enough channels to be able to try a few things. So we will see what they come up with. Being able to tune an external cross over for some iems should be interesting in itself. Making a convincing surround iem could take a lot more work. I'd probably look at it from an iterative perspective.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone have one and have any opinions on using it predominantly in stereo? I wonder if it will measure any differently with regards to SINAD.

Top Bottom