• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix is developing a MiniDSP destroyer.

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
View attachment 225190

Presumably Qudelix will be making an 8 channel earphone with a USB-C connector to go with the T71 (like the QX-over earphones that work only with the 5K).
They always say ‚earphone‘. I hope it will be a solution for 2.2 or diy speaker setups as well

pickyAudiophile

May I ask a beginner question concerning Qudelix DSP settings. From E1DA devices I know that tone control settings are written into EEPROM and will load automatically once the device is connected to *any* source. Is it the same with Qudelix devices, so these setttings will load once device is hooked up to random PCs, tablets, smartphones, regardless of apps installed or not?

GaryH

Major Contributor
May I ask a beginner question concerning Qudelix DSP settings. From E1DA devices I know that tone control settings are written into EEPROM and will load automatically once the device is connected to *any* source. Is it the same with Qudelix devices, so these setttings will load once device is hooked up to random PCs, tablets, smartphones, regardless of apps installed or not?
Yes, the settings are as stored on the Qudelix 5K device itself.

pickyAudiophile

Yes, the settings are as stored on the Qudelix 5K device itself.
Thank you.
Unfortunately, since problems in component sourcing seem to persist both of these pre-announced 2021 to 2022 goodies "Qudelix T-71" as well as Ivan's "E1DA Cosmos DAC" will continue to appear in our audioscientific dreams only. Keep fingers crossed!

Veri

Master Contributor
Looks like the T71 is launching

Oddly enough I see no mention of the 'dedicated T71 IEM', though.

juliangst

Really disappointing. It's just a dongle DAC with some fancy up and downmixing.

The title of this thread make it look even more silly

paudio

Really disappointing. It's just a dongle DAC with some fancy up and downmixing.

The title of this thread make it look even more silly
Looks like it has dsp enabled analog out though. https://www.qudelix.com/blogs/t71

It just is not clear if they are including a breakout cable and functionality around the multichannel output

By providing per-channel EQ processing, users can have more control over the audio characteristics of each channel in their surround sound system. This allows them to customize the audio output according to their specific preferences, room acoustics, and speaker setup. Adjusting gain, EQ, crossfeed level, and other parameters for each channel can help optimize sound reproduction and achieve a more balanced and immersive audio experience.

juliangst

1690223552447.png

They say that it's technically possible to get 7.1 channel output. They should really provide a breakout cable. I can't see anyone building a USB C to 8 RCA themselves

paudio

View attachment 301261

They say that it's technically possible to get 7.1 channel output. They should really provide a breakout cable. I can't see anyone building a USB C to 8 RCA themselves
I agree. Primary development seems to be around the surround iem coming out in Q3. Not sure if I will order one as I am already using my 5K on my desk.

Double output power though at least and 4.4mm out is better for balanced to XLR

juliangst

I don‘t get the point of this surround IEM. It’s still an IEM that you put into your ear so how should multiple drivers provide any more separation than a traditional pair of IEMs?

I highly doubt that it have more of an surround effect than any other IEMs or headphones with a good virtual surround upmixer

Veri

Master Contributor
I don‘t get the point of this surround IEM. It’s still an IEM that you put into your ear so how should multiple drivers provide any more separation than a traditional pair of IEMs?
I highly doubt that it have more of an surround effect than any other IEMs or headphones with a good virtual surround upmixer
I'm thinking the same but I'm still curious.

tjf

Ok, I've been so happy with my 5K and even the QX-Over IEMs, that I took the $300 gamble, can't wait to hear it on the USB output of my Bluesound N130...cause my 5K has sounded great with my Node -- and $300 isn't an "impulse" purchase for me, so fingers crossed...

And I'll probably get the 8 channel-via USB-C connector IEMs for this too when they're available - hope they use better drivers than the QX-Over has....anyway, we'll see

Tano

Ok, I've been so happy with my 5K and even the QX-Over IEMs, that I took the $300 gamble, can't wait to hear it on the USB output of my Bluesound N130...cause my 5K has sounded great with my Node -- and $300 isn't an "impulse" purchase for me, so fingers crossed...

And I'll probably get the 8 channel-via USB-C connector IEMs for this too when they're available - hope they use better drivers than the QX-Over has....anyway, we'll see
Please, let us know your impressions about it. I love my 5K and Im considering getting one T71. Thanks.

Tano

2nd preorder is up. Just grabbed mine.
The 5k has been with me for years and it's my fav DAC/AMP. I even prefer it to most desktop solutions that I've tried, and I've tried a few good ones, but the ease of use, the PEQ and the amazing APP are just impossible to beat.

My intention is to replace my Soundblaster xg6, which I also love and has been on my PC for over 3 years now. But I feel like the T71 might be a step up because I watch a lot of content with multichannel audio. And I can also move it to my room and use it instead of my Qudelix 5k.

Really curious to see the DSP features, plus the extra power will be much appreciated with my HD800s.

Anyways, will let you know my impressions as soon as I get it.

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
I'm a 5K user and I love this tiny box, but I still have no idea how could I use T71 to get any benefits for mobile or big audio usage...

Tano

I'm a 5K user and I love this tiny box, but I still have no idea how could I use T71 to get any benefits for mobile or big audio usage...
Well, I guess that the new Qudelix it's going to measure better, althought don't think that it's going to be noticiable cause the 5k have great performance anyways.
What you would get is double the power, which is great if you use full size headphones (which is my case). The 4,4 mm it's gonna be very helpful too.

Id say don't bother getting the new one unless you consume multimedia stuff on your PC or you need more power.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Well, I guess that the new Qudelix it's going to measure better, althought don't think that it's going to be noticiable cause the 5k have great performance anyways.
What you would get is double the power, which is great if you use full size headphones (which is my case). The 4,4 mm it's gonna be very helpful too.

Id say don't bother getting the new one unless you consume multimedia stuff on your PC or you need more power.
Pity it has no spdif sockets or host usb mode. Could be a nice DSP unit for digital processing.

Tano

Pity it has no spdif sockets or host usb mode. Could be a nice DSP unit for digital processing.
I agree. SPDIF would be awesome tbh. But it's understandable that they decided to not include since it's a small device.

CedarX

Forum Donor

Unless… the T71 IEM has 3 of its 4 drivers directed toward the concha, outside of the ear canal…. Speculative since we don’t know how this T71 IEM looks like! :)

Top Bottom