• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Policy Change for "Desperate Dealer Forum"

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Let's not pretend Amir doesn't get anything out of it when the there is literally a paywall if you want to sell stuff.
You have a very screwy definition of "paywall." You know how much aggravation we have to deal with when someone gets ripped off in the buy/sell forum and asks us for help?

Thinking out loud, maybe we should require donor status for complaining!

D

Deleted member 48726

You have a very screwy definition of "paywall." You know how much aggravation we have to deal with when someone gets ripped off in the buy/sell forum and asks us for help?

Thinking out loud, maybe we should require donor status for complaining!

If something is not available for use unless you pay. -That's a paywall.

No need to get upset about that. It's your work and your decision, I am not against it.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Don't sell, don't have to pay...

I'm pretty sure Amir is not getting rich from this site.

Drengur

Forum Donor
Don't sell, don't have to pay...

I'm pretty sure Amir is not getting rich from this site.
We all know he is getting rich from growing tomatoes and herbs. Even if he was getting rich from this forum, I think the pay-walling of for sale forums is a good idea in general, albeit for a small fee. There are spammers, scammers, trolls and bots on all forums, this seems like the surest way to minimize the damage to other forum members.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I think the purpose of this thread has been met, and there really isn't a lot more to discuss about it, so we'll close it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom