• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pioneer Elite SC65 - no highs on front left channel

Steve1967

I’m trying to troubleshoot this problem to understand if it’s time for new, or try and repair. Speakers are good.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The SC-65 is Class D, which you wouldn’t expect to fail if the speakers are good. Maybe there is some software bug with the crossover or MCACC EQ. Any difference with pure direct? And you confirmed swapping speakers, the loss of treble stays with the one channel as opposed to the one speaker?

would try resetting:

1693144628341.png

OP
S

Steve1967

The SC-65 is Class D, which you wouldn’t expect to fail if the speakers are good. Maybe there is some software bug with the crossover or MCACC EQ. Any difference with pure direct? And you confirmed swapping speakers, the loss of treble stays with the one channel as opposed to the one speaker?

would try resetting:

View attachment 308173
Thank you for the reply. I first (incorrectly) assumed it was the speakers. My paradigm monitor 9s were 20+ years old, so replaced with paradigm

would try resetting:

View attachment 308173
I appreciate the reply. I first assumed (incorrectly) it was the speakers. Replaced my 20+ year old speakers. The problem remained. Took the receiver in and it was reset. Worked for a couple of days and now it’s back.

Top Bottom