• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

new setup 5.2.2

Finally after too many ifs and buts, tried many sellers in india, it was hard to believe the Authenticity but finally got my denon avc x4800h and will arrive by monday. Now as receiver is confirmed, I would like to proceed further. I would like to choose now: front left/right then centre speaker then back left right then subwoofer and 2 pairs of dolby atmos. My budget is tight, so i will be buying these all only one at a time. but need to finalize now. My main needs are? i will be listening to 1990s hindi bollywood songs from movies like: mohra, dilwale, akele hum akele tum etc. i have original disks of all cds and i ripped them in .wav 1400kbps. So all these songs must sound very good if i hear each and every instrument it will be best. Then regarding moves, i like action movies from james bond then wonder woman series, alien series etc. As already said I HAVE TINITTUS in ears, so want warm sound not harsh. my room is maybe 15x15
room size
budget for front left right bookshelf or towers: 1100 usd center channel 900 usd subwoofer 1100 usd back surround left right 600 usd and dolby atmos 2 pairs= 1000 usd
Regarding subwoofer i want room filing deep bass not loud bass and must be best for music (indian)
wharfdale is out of my budget. Regarding DALI i can go max upto oberon series. or any other brand you suggest? KEF/DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY or any other brand you would suggest

Last edited:

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
Go here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-recommendations-for-usa-by-sweetchaos.28296/

Select the "Spoiler" button under Passive Bookshelf Speakers" and under "Passive Tower/Floorstanding Speakers:

Therein speakers are grouped by price with numerical ratings ("PS") for the performance. They also have ratings if used with a subwoofer ("PSwSub").

Note: some speakers are in multiple price categories, meaning that they compete in more expensive price categories, e.g., Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 V2 bookshelf speakers and Revel F35 tower speakers.

The next post lists center channel options.

I think there is a list for subwoofers, but I don't have a link to that. Nonetheless, SVS, REL, Arendal and Rythmik are popular subwoofers. I have only heard an SVS, so cannot opine as to which is best.

Last edited:
OP
H
Go here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-recommendations-for-usa-by-sweetchaos.28296/

Select the "Spoiler" button under Passive Bookshelf Speakers" and under "Passive Tower/Floorstanding Speakers:

Therein speakers are grouped by price with numerical ratings ("PS") for the performance. They also have ratings if used with a subwoofer ("PSwSub").

Note: some speakers are in multiple price categories, meaning that they compete in more expensive price categories, e.g., Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 V2 bookshelf speakers and Revel F35 tower speakers.

The next post lists center channel options.

I think there is a list for subwoofers, but I don't have a link to that. Nonetheless, SVS, REL, Arendal and Rythmik are popular subwoofers. I have only heard an SVS, so cannot opine as to which is best.
thanks

Golfx

Forum Donor
will x4800h blow up polk tl1600 if played too loud? does polk has good deep bass?
Damage to a speaker comes faster when the speaker is underpowered not overpowered.

OP
H
Damage to a speaker comes faster when the speaker is underpowered not overpowered.
For dali speakers i can max go upto oberon 5 series. For kef i can go max kef q550 and for q acoustics i can max go qacoustics 5040 or 3050i for FLOORSTANDING SETUP. WHICH ONE WOULD YOU CHOOSE i want complete music immersion for hindi bollywood music from 1990s

Golfx

Forum Donor
For dali speakers i can max go upto oberon 5 series. For kef i can go max kef q550 and for q acoustics i can max go qacoustics 5040 or 3050i for FLOORSTANDING SETUP. WHICH ONE WOULD YOU CHOOSE i want complete music immersion for hindi bollywood music from 1990s
I would read the speaker reviews on this website and on audioholics and decide for myself rather than trusting a random stranger who likely has an owner’s bias.

Top Bottom