• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nordost Tyr 2 Review (USB Cable)

Rate this product:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 494 96.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
so, you know how there are truth and beauty quarks? maybe there are quiet photons?
(and, no, in fact I am not a physicist -- how did you know?)

:cool:
Strange stuff.. what are you up to? I’m down with a bit of charm, but the bottom line is: your not on top of it :facepalm:;)

Last edited:

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It seems like he's on a mission. That it's personal somehow. I wonder what stories might be there.
He is a consumer advocate and the audio industry should be happy that he does what he does.

He is the modern day Ralph Nader. He may not be saving millions of lives by making seat belts mandatory but he is making the audio industry to raise their bar and eject the fraudsters within them.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That’s a lie. First Run Copper has a $1,000,000 challenge out that Amir refuses to accept. It’s at the bottom of their website, but no cable denier has been willing to take the challenge. FirstRunCopper.com
Do you honestly believe anything they say?

srkbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you honestly believe anything they say?
He likely does because it’s his company, unless he’s kidding…

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
You mean YOUR website? What kind of shell game are you playing here sir?
His site and videos are all satire for entertainment. He presents them so seriously that it is easy to confuse them for something else. But it is all for fun.

srkbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
His site and videos are all satire for entertainment. He presents them so seriously that it is easy to confuse them for something else. But it is all for fun.
I figured that out right after I posted it. Poe’s Law to the extreme in this case—I’m just sayin’…

C. Cook

I think at this stage we all know that cd transports are all the same, and digital cables are all the same, power cords make no difference, power conditioners make no difference, speaker cables make marginal to no difference. Given the choice I would rather your valuable testing time was spent on measuring things worth measuring like speakers, headphones, etc.

I think it's disgusting that snake oil products like this exist, with all the unsubstantiated claims of improvements, and even worse that there are idiots who buy them. But 100 percent those folk are not your audience.
I don't even get annoyed by fools who buy them - if you've got the disposable income, I guess you can spend it how you like - rather, it's the ones who buy them and then proceed to tell you at length how this superior digital cable improves the sound on his highly resolving system, and that if you can't hear a difference, your equipment must need 'upgrading.'

Has anyone here ever participated or watched the Facebook audiophile groups? They're pretty funny. One went as far as to name their page "SUBJECTIVE Audiophiles" or something similar and many, many arguments and bannings are based on this kind of product.

Garrincha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't even get annoyed by fools who buy them - if you've got the disposable income, I guess you can spend it how you like - rather, it's the ones who buy them and then proceed to tell you at length how this superior digital cable improves the sound on his highly resolving system, and that if you can't hear a difference, your equipment must need 'upgrading.'

Has anyone here ever participated or watched the Facebook audiophile groups? They're pretty funny. One went as far as to name their page "SUBJECTIVE Audiophiles" or something similar and many, many arguments and bannings are based on this kind of product.
Oh yes. I am not so much familiar with these facebook groups, but I feel the kind of perverted pleasure in following some of these people on YouTube. There is one guy who is really amazing, changing his system on a almost monthly basis, but still always stating now he has his endgame system, and believing in really every audiophile myth available, like the importance of cables, amplifier and DAC sound signatures, prefering tube amps etc. It is amazing: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzIiBGCjhGMf24i1C-skgEw

aslan7

Resist the urge to comment on these subjectivist sites because people tend to get very angry if you dare to question their strange ideas.

Katji

Major Contributor
I resist the urge to go to the Youtube links, in case the next day I find it is suggesting audiophile reviews again. ..And - typical Google UI stuff = it is laborious to remove them one by one. ..."Tell us why" :rolleyes:

C. Cook

Oh yes. I am not so much familiar with these facebook groups, but I feel the kind of perverted pleasure in following some of these people on YouTube. There is one guy who is really amazing, changing his system on a almost monthly basis, but still always stating now he has his endgame system, and believing in really every audiophile myth available, like the importance of cables, amplifier and DAC sound signatures, prefering tube amps etc. It is amazing: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzIiBGCjhGMf24i1C-skgEw
That reminds me of this one guy who I'm pretty sure was sarcastically trolling the audiophool community and who never breaks character. He purports to sell a 'tweak' which works by having a land line telephone off the hook in your listening room or something like that. He was all over the Audiogon and another forum that I forget for a while and had this crazy back story about being a NASA scientist. Lemme see if I can find it...

LOL

Machina Dynamica's Teleportation Tweak
Long-Distance Audio and Video System Enhancement
The Only Audio Product that doesn't Require Shipping

Katji

Major Contributor
Yes, teleportation. I want to order my meals from overseas. :) I want to watch the video of Korean street food and click ORDER NOW.

Mihalis

Forum Donor
The comparative information about this sort of snake-oil should be laid out in as simple a format as is possible as @amirm did today with this review. It is making a difference and will require more time and energy to get the word out.
I couldn't agree more. getting the word out to counter the nonsense that some hifi manufacturers claim is important. the problem is that there is so much sarcasm in many of these comments (not yours) directed at audiophiles that the impression given is not positive at all. We all love music and are trying to find the best way to listen to it within our means.

I also think that the lack of double blind tests is a weakness because they do add a strong argument in favour of the conclusion.

Top Bottom