• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nobsound 3-IN-1-OUT XLR Audio Switch Review

Mr. Olinad

Thanks for pointing this device out...I was going to order the 1 in 3 out, but got this instead to switch between multiple dacs and amps (cuz audiosciencereview.com).

Yeah, this looks like all I need too but I'm still concerned about my post #33
I'm a bit afraid of connecting my 4V balanced DAC to one of my single ended amps.
SE DACs usually output 2V max, so I don't know if 4V on a SE amp could blow it up.

nuxv

Yeah, this looks like all I need too but I'm still concerned about my post #33
I'm a bit afraid of connecting my 4V balanced DAC to one of my single ended amps.
SE DACs usually output 2V max, so I don't know if 4V on a SE amp could blow it up.
what dac are you using?

Mr. Olinad

Sabaj D5 -> THX789 mainly
D5 always set to 40 (max)
Would like to switch between THX789 and Loxjie P20 both balanced, but also with some SE amps like JDS Atom, ifi Micro SE and La Figaro 339

Celty

Hmm, I could see a use for both the 1-IN-3-OUT and the 3-IN-1-OUT. First, one XLR DAC to rule them all! That is feeding multiple amps from the same DAC, which in my case means I could also control the volume of each with the single remote of my DAC.

Second, feed in each amp to the switch with a single out to my headphone, allowing quick and easy amp switching without cable moving. Could be fun.

Sabaj D5 -> THX789 mainly
D5 always set to 40 (max)
Would like to switch between THX789 and Loxjie P20 both balanced, but also with some SE amps like JDS Atom, ifi Micro SE and La Figaro 339
Ah for me it would be similar, an SU-8 and a Monolith 887, Loxjie P20, and eventually a Glenn OTL. Though for me, no SE connections to deal with.

nuxv

Hmm, I could see a use for both the 1-IN-3-OUT and the 3-IN-1-OUT. First, one XLR DAC to rule them all! That is feeding multiple amps from the same DAC, which in my case means I could also control the volume of each with the single remote of my DAC.

Second, feed in each amp to the switch with a single out to my headphone, allowing quick and easy amp switching without cable moving. Could be fun.

Ah for me it would be similar, an SU-8 and a Monolith 887, Loxjie P20, and eventually a Glenn OTL. Though for me, no SE connections to deal with.
heh...similar for me as well...SU-8 to 789, P20, plus a geshelli archel pro 2...i should investigate the geshelli.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Ive just got the 1 to 3 (one DAC to rule). Not sure how you make pt 2 work though. Adaptors to turn single 4 pin "headphone" XLR output to 2 x 3 pin "stereo" XLR then reverse same out of the switch?

(789, Schiit Mjolnir and Geshelli Archel 2.5)

Celty

Ive just got the 1 to 3 (one DAC to rule). Not sure how you make pt 2 work though. Adaptors to turn single 4 pin "headphone" XLR output to 2 x 3 pin "stereo" XLR then reverse same out of the switch?

(789, Schiit Mjolnir and Geshelli Archel 2.5)
Well grr there is that :)

confucius_zero

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just got the RCA version, I expect similar performance :)

pma

Major Contributor
Mine has arrived, it works as described in this review. Switching between sound sources is without cracks and glitches. When measuring crosstalk, an unused input is to be shorted.
Note: pins 1 of all 8 XLR connectors are interconnected together.

Now it sits and is tested in my system:

MC103.JPG

nuxv

heh...similar for me as well...SU-8 to 789, P20, plus a geshelli archel pro 2...i should investigate the geshelli.

FYI, I emailed Geshelli regarding using a Nobsound MC3 3 in 3 out to connect a 4V dac (SMSL SU-8 via xlr) to the the Geshelli Archel 2 Pro via RCA's and got the reply today...good timing as the Nobsound arrives tomorrow:

The Archel2 can handle the 4 volts (RCA input) no problem. It’ll work well in Unity Gain Mode (front gain light is off).

Take Care!!!

Geno

laidick

Forum Donor
I got the 2XLR 1RCA version, 3in3out.
It runs perfect , switching input without any click.
I am very happy with this.

Attachments

• 15807290148827367952465124516834.jpg
    15807290148827367952465124516834.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 529
  • 15807290359331363948528208513028.jpg
    15807290359331363948528208513028.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 534

Labjr

Major Contributor
How does the switching work with RCA and XLR?

nuxv

uh...you turn the knob to the output you want. i've got an smsl su-8 (xlr) to a 789 (xlr), a doxjie p20 (xlr) and an archel pro 2 (rca) out, and it works fine. no clicks or pops, tho i do make sure that the amps are zeroed before switching.

laidick

Forum Donor
How does the switching work with RCA and XLR?
Simply turn the knob , it can be XLR in RCA out, or RCA in XLR out, or XLR in and out , or RCA in and out.
Very flexible and high quality

Filio45

I'm thinking of getting the 1 to 3 version of the model reviewed here (MC103 pro). If I continued to run a sub from my DAC's (ADI-2) RCA output while connecting my active monitors to the MC103 pro's XLR output, would that lead to any performance issues? Or better off buying the 3 in 3 out model with RCA/XLR outputs and running the sub from there.

Last edited:

GokieKS

I'm thinking of getting the 1 to 3 version of the model reviewed here (MC103 pro). If I continued to run a sub from my DAC's (ADI-2) RCA output while connecting my active monitors to the MC103 pro's XLR output, would that lead to any performance issues? Or better off buying the 3 in 3 out model with RCA/XLR outputs and running the sub from there.

I'm not completely sure what you're asking. Your current setup is the ADI-2 DAC's XLR going to the speakers and RCA going to sub, right? If you believe adding the XLR switcher to the connection between DAC and speakers might change performance (which it definitely should not, and certainly not at anything close to audible levels), then why would also adding something to the connection between DAC and sub help?

Not to mention the 3-in/3-out actually wouldn't work anyway, since it would only have one input and one output at any given time, so you're not going to have both the XLR output going to the speakers and the RCA output going to the sub active simultaneously anyway.

Filio45

your current setup is the ADI-2 DAC's XLR going to the speakers and RCA going to sub, right?

That's correct. I just wanted to be sure that continuing to run the sub from the ADI but monitors from the 1 to 3 wouldn't lead to any kind of issue, Thanks for answering my question, good to know.

then why would also adding something to the connection between DAC and sub help?

Nope ,don't want to do that

Not to mention the 3-in/3-out actually wouldn't work anyway

Yes, see what you mean. Forget that one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom