• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nobsound 3-IN-1-OUT XLR Audio Switch Review

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
No. Each amp will load/short the output of the other. You need a different switch for this.

Would a simple speaker selector switch do the trick?

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Would a simple speaker selector switch do the trick?
Yes. If you use tube poweramps though you must add resistors at the input of the switch otherwise they could break when the load (speaker) is switched away.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm also looking for a input sector to use between my power amp and analog pre and avr would this nobsound be as good as the one tested here. https://www.amazon.nl/Nobsound-Bala...ocphy=1010752&hvtargid=pla-556244880394&psc=1

Nobsound 3-In-3-Out Xlr Gebalanceerde/Rca

Looks like the same build , similar design , same knobs etc. Impossible to say for sure but Im guessing the same people designed and made the one you link as the one Amir reviewed (and I own) (Nobsound / Douk etc all seem badges more than indication of manufacturer) then I'd put $5 on it performing as well as.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

eduardw

Forum Donor
Hi I want to use the xlr input for connecting the xlr out of my (future) stereo pre and the rca input connecting the front out of my AVR.
The xlr output to my future (purifi) power amp.
I will replace my ice base power amps in the near future for a purify mono blocks. And my current stereo pre is dying. The future pre will probably be a schiit freya S which does not have a real ht bypass.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi I want to use the xlr input for connecting the xlr out of my (future) stereo pre and the rca input connecting the front out of my AVR.
The xlr output to my future (purifi) power amp.
I will replace my ice base power amps in the near future for a purify mono blocks. And my current stereo pre is dying. The future pre will probably be a schiit freya S which does not have a real ht bypass.
This should work. Make sure that you use a power amp with balanced input.

My only concern would be using balanced input to unbalanced output. Depending on the nature of the balanced output stage this may not work properly in all cases.

ririt

For those who are looking for an high quality XLR switch with an IR remote, you should visit the Dodocus web site https://www.dodocus.de/individuelle-umschalter.html (unfortunately only in German). They are offering a lot of products including customized products like the number 215:
From google translate:
Example 215
Selector switch for balanced signals
Input selector switch with 2 inputs and one output
Remote control via infrared
Execution symmetrical

It is not cheap (around 500€) but seems to be of high quality

eduardw

Forum Donor
Thanks Ririt. I will also take a look at de dodocus products. Only 500 is a bit much the I would probably go for another pre amp instead of the freya s maybe the emotiva xsp-1. For now I hope that my current pre will not die on my yet. So there is time to see if schiit will come with a pre with real ht bypass or maybe the new topping pre90.

T3RIAD

Does anyone know where I could find the 1-in-3-out version of this switch? On Amazon it says shipping will take several months.

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Can you explain how the xlr's need to go for 1 in/3 out?

Is this what your after?

3 in 1 out is female to male from DAC to Little bear and female to male for output to your amp.

For 1 in 3 out you need female to female for the input and the output is male to male.

wasnotwasnotwas

Is this what your after?

3 in 1 out is female to male from DAC to Little bear and female to male for output to your amp.

For 1 in 3 out you need female to female for the input and the output is male to male.

@rjley Easiest just to buy the opposite version of this (amazon sell both on same page with a selection option). Looks and works exactly the same apart from the reverse "sex" of the sockets.

Worth Davis

Forum Donor
Bought one for assigning my subs to both ht and 2 channel, works perfect

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks to both @amirm and @LTig for testing this device. I was wondering if it would be a good choice to use for HT Bypass duties, looks to be perfect for that use.
I was thinking the same thing.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I got the 2XLR 1RCA version, 3in3out.
It runs perfect , switching input without any click.
I am very happy with this.
I think that's what I've been wanting. Gonna order one today.

nietzschicharrones

I just ordered the 4(1)-IN-1(4)-OUT RCA version with volume attenuation (Little Bear MC6). The high quality components caught my eyes: ALPS 27 pot and CMC rca sockets. I needed volume control between my tube phono preamp and my hypex ncore amp. So now my Topping E30 DAC and the phono preamp will go through this switch. Looks to be promising but it won't be here for a couple of weeks. Hoping this is as "clean" as the other passives in their lineup.

I made sure to order it from the official Nobsound store on aliexpress to try and minimize risk of fakes:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32996365816.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.1.621d263bMkVCOp

Last edited:
Top Bottom