• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[No Politics] What you need to know about CoVID-19 by SARS-CoV-2 [No Politics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinh

I know you aren't suggesting that elderly and those with underlying conditions like diabetes and obesity deserve to die. I also know that you aren't suggesting that the children who have heart conditions after getting this disease deserve it either.

What you are arguing for is that those individuals should practice more physical distancing and protective behaviors than others. That is a reasonable request, however it assumes something we just don't know. It assumes that the people who aren't showing symptoms aren't spreading the virus. Based on the extreme rate of infection, I think that is likely not safe assumption.

Long story short, in September, when we open up the schools, I hope we have figured this out. I fear it will all come back, however, spreading silently via our children to each of us.

That is part of it, we have evidence frokm Doctors successfully treating seniors and others that can prevent the worse aspects from manifesting. That there are treatments is something that should be looked into especially for seniors.

I find this doctors observations useful, he actually treats patients who have Covid 19, this video he describes the nutrients he takes to protect himself. Eating his own dog food if you would. In other videos he get into why these things work and what there role is. He has other videos covering other Covid topics that are coming up. If there areother specific medical topics related to the epidemic you are interested this channel covers a lot of stuff.

BTW the Doctor's channel existed long before Covid.

kevinh

But we don't have the data to do that, and this virus takes all ages, so you come across as advocating others risk their lives for you, which I know you don't mean. It is just the way the politics have affected the rhetoric.

Before advocating a change in policy, let's get all the data, and then use science and humanist values to do the right thing. Let's get data, let's get a plan.

I am in the high risk group. I go to work 3 days a week. I don't want anyone to have to do anything for me. I am a grown man and take ownership of my own life. My wife feels the same way.

kevinh

That's an entirely different point that could be discussed. If it could be done it would be an enormous benefit to everyone.

So... Given that children are vectors to the approximately 4 million education employees and around 5 million people work in long-term care, plus there are 814,000 home-care aides (all US statistics), how would you prevent them from spreading the infection to each other, the families of both the students and the workers, and the long-term-care residents? (Consider that 41% of US households have children.) Just one other item to consider: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...ericans-live-in-multigenerational-households/

OK, let's hear it.

Herd immunity in short order, if Ocvid doesn't disappear this summer like many (not all) Covid viruses. Imjn the meantime see the video I posted and what one can do to protect oneself.

hellboundlex

Forum Donor
Herd immunity in short order, if Ocvid doesn't disappear this summer like many (not all) Covid viruses. Imjn the meantime see the video I posted and what one can do to protect oneself.

This is not the opinion of the vast majority of epidemiologists. I'm glad you are keeping safe and cutting back your hours. I don't judge who works and who doesn't and I leave the judgement on what we should do to my local health department.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Herd immunity in short order
1589774057827.png

Old Listener

I'm one of those self-employed but tbh if your self-employed you shouldn't be living balls to the wall , you have to put away for a rainy day and live that little bit more within your means Vs a employed person .

If folks haven't, that's on them.

I don't disagree.

Even if you work for a company or a unit of government, you should save so that you are prepared for a rainy day.

Some people struggle to earn enough to get by day-to-day. Saving for a rainy day may not be feasible for them.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't disagree.

Even if you work for a company or a unit of government, you should save so that you are prepared for a rainy day.

Some people struggle to earn enough to get by day-to-day. Saving for a rainy day may not be feasible for them.
Especially, young people creating their new job may have a hard time.

maty

Major Contributor
A committee met on Friday to decide on the use of face masks in public spaces. Yesterday, Sunday, they said that it would be so but that they were writing the order, so it is not known if they will be mandatory on the street. Just in case I bought 3*10 Chinese FFP2 KN95 masks, since the Spanish ones (Climax) or others of recognized brand (3M and...) I have been unable: no stock.

At home, 3.7 € each. In pharmacy, chinese too, 4.9 €.

https://www.dosfarma.com/32228-mascarilla-n95-reutilizable-ffp2-94-pack-10u.html
https://www.dosfarma.com/30583-mascarilla-ffp2-n95-pack-3-unidades.html

covid-19-mascarilla-FFP2-KN95-chinese.png

mascarilla-n95-reutilizable-ffp2-unit-Dongguan-Beizhiyou-Food-Technology.jpg

[ Conforme a la disposición 4525 con la Orden SND/354/2020 del BOE num. 109, facilitamos a continuación la información necesaria sobre este producto:
Denominación usual: Mascarilla autofiltrante tipo KN95
Contenido del envase: 10 unidades
Datos de la empresa fabricante: Dongguan Beizhiyou Food Technology Co., Ltd. Room 301, Building 1, Nº 3 Gaoke Road, Gaobu Town, Dongguan City. Guandong Province. China
Composición: : Capa exterior, hilado no tejido (Polipropileno). Capa intermedia, no tejido soplado por fusión (polipropileno). Capa interna, hilado no tejido (Polipropileno). Gancho para la oreja, polipropileno elástico
Periodo recomendado de uso: 8 horas
Características esenciales: talla única, 1 solo uso.
Advertencias: no es un producto sanitario, no puede utilizarse en quirófano. Es un equipo de protección individual. ]

The same plastic bag for 10 unlike the Climax 1730 FFP3 (with valve) that I have. The manufacturing quality of the Chinese is inferior, starting with the rubbers.

The Climax cost me € 2.5 each put at home, in boxes of 12 units. End of February I think.

PS: I have used a background fabric with the appropriate color from a carnival costume, being Chinese :)

Update

https://www.dosfarma.com/46288-thickbox_default/mascarilla-n95-reutilizable-ffp2-94-pack-10u.jpg

Resized and optimized

index.php

http://entecerma.it/
https://ec.europa.eu/growth/tools-d...=directive.nb&body_type=NB&refe_cd=EPOS_50158

Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor
The approval codes are Chinese and not European and are made in China, so the box, like the masks, should label without separation between the two letters: C€

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking

C_E-mark.png

[ CE marking is a certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA).[1] The CE marking is also found on products sold outside the EEA that have been manufactured to EEA standards. This makes the CE marking recognizable worldwide even to people who are not familiar with the European Economic Area. It is in that sense similar to the FCC Declaration of Conformity used on certain electronic devices sold in the United States.

The CE marking is the manufacturer's declaration that the product meets EU standards for health, safety, and environmental protection.[2] ]

It is what it is. I had been searching for a long time and there was no way. And that is a parapharmacy store located in Murcia (Spain) and not a nameless store in Alibaba, eBay or...

Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor

[ "Intense physical exercise in crowded sports facilities may increase the risk of infection. Vigorous exercise in confined spaces should be minimized during outbreaks."

Follow-up of 112 people who became infected in fitness classes in South Korea. Most of the cases (50.9%) were the result of the transmission of the instructors to the participants of the classes. The rest secondary and tertiary infections.

82 (73.2%) were symptomatic and 30 (26.8%) were asymptomatic at the time of laboratory confirmation. Instructors with very mild symptoms, such as cough, continued to teach for at least a week (serious error).

The study shows how to do a good follow-up of cases, but also that gyms have to think of ways to mitigate those risks and survive until there is no vaccine. ]

-> Cluster of Coronavirus Disease Associated with Fitness Dance Classes, South Korea
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/8/20-0633_article

maty

Major Contributor
index.php

https://www.une.org/encuentra-tu-norma/busca-tu-norma/norma?c=N0044643

UNE-EN 149:2001+A1:2010

une.png

• Dispositivos de protección respiratoria. Medias máscaras filtrantes de protección contra partículas. Requisitos, ensayos, marcado.
  • Respiratory protective devices - Filtering half masks to protect against particles - Requirements, testing, marking
  • Appareils de protection respiratoire - Demi-masques filtrants contre les particules - Exigences, essais, marquage

Equivalencias internacionales: EN 149:2001+A1:2009 (Idéntico)

Therefore I have to rectify, it also complies with Spanish and international regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom