• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[No Politics] What you need to know about CoVID-19 by SARS-CoV-2 [No Politics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

Major Contributor
Desalojan 400 fiestas en casas y 97 botellones este fin de semana en Madrid
[Spanish] https://www.elconfidencial.com/espa...tas-97-botellones-madrid-coronavirus_2588920/

400 parties are evicted in houses and 97 bottles parties this weekend in Madrid
https://translate.google.es/transla...tas-97-botellones-madrid-coronavirus_2588920/

[ The Municipal Police of Madrid submitted proposals for sanctions last Saturday, 1987, and on Sunday, 1,866. In addition, throughout the weekend, he has arrested 12 people.

The Municipal Police of Madrid has evicted this weekend 400 parties in homes , after calls from neighbors, and has located 97 small bottles in different parts of the city, as reported by municipal sources.

These 97 bottles were detected on the nights from Friday to Saturday and from Saturday to Sunday, the vast majority thanks to calls and complaints from neighbors.

However, the great increase has been in calls and complaints about excessive noise and parties in homes, which have exceeded 400... ]

Last weekend. Today Madrid is still in phase 0.

Young people are the most non-compliant by far. Something logical, given the disaster of the Spanish educational system and the general absence of moral and ethical values and principles in ALL Spanish society. The exceptions, the least.

maty

Major Contributor

covid-19-NY-general-public-mask.png

covid-19-impact-general-public-mask.png

maty

Major Contributor
Querella en el Supremo contra el Gobierno [de España] en nombre de más de 3.000 familias de muertos por Covid-19
[Spanish] https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2020/05/11/5eb9883bfdddffd6578b462b.html

Complaint in the Supreme against the Government [Spain] on behalf of more than 3,000 families killed by Covid-19
https://translate.google.es/transla...pana/2020/05/11/5eb9883bfdddffd6578b462b.html

[ Eleven lawyers have filed a complaint against the Prime Minister and the 22 ministers on behalf of 3,268 families who have lost one of their members to the coronavirus on Monday at the Supreme Court. The complaint attributes to the members of the Executive a crime of reckless homicide, punished with prison.

The complaint highlights that the news of the new virus spread in December and that at the end of February "32 cases of contagion had already been detected in Spain, without the Government having adopted any preventive measure, for more than a month since it had knowledge of the health emergency declared by the WHO and, rather to the contrary, denying its spread in Spain".

"In these circumstances," the letter continues, "and without the Spanish Government adopting any containment measure, at the end of February and the first week of March a multitude of rallies and demonstrations were held, and citizen life continued regularly, without that the vast majority of Spanish citizens were aware of the risk they were running, something that the Government did know, but apparently it decided to put their interests above the health of the people. " And he cites meetings such as agrarian protests, feminist 8-M protests , the massive Vox event in Madrid, etc. .. ]

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
"Back to work " But don't , but well if you can ... Like before , you know if you can't work from home so same as was but do go,..., To work or a run as much as you want now .. if you can if it's safe... If there's still a fucking job lol

maty

Major Contributor
Last edited:

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep, I see this here as well. People wear a mask and think now they are protected and no longer need to keep distance.

It may be better not to force people to wear masks if there is enough space to keep distance. This was the strict recommendation of our company physician (against the wishes of the leadership).

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
well, if they smoke then a viral infection is just icing on the cake

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
This outbreak is not caused by loosened restrictions. The true cause is that slaughterhouses employ cheap workforces from Eastern Europe and put them into overcrowded homes (several people staying in one room, many people sharing one bath, and so on). (EDIT: replace If if by Even when) Even when they knew how to behave properly they have no chance to practice social distancing.

South Korea also warned of a resurgence of Covid-19 on Sunday as infections rebounded to a one-month high as restrictions were starting to be eased.

France, which also plans to begin easing its tough seven-week lockdown from Monday, announced the discovery of a cluster of at least nine cases linked to a funeral in Dordogne in the south-west of the country.

A local prefect, Frédéric Perissat, said the cluster was “an illustration of what we are hoping not to live through in the next few weeks … There’s a slackening off, people gather in a group of 20 or 30 and one person contaminates others.”

Germany’s Robert Koch Institute for disease control said in a daily bulletin on Sunday the number of people each carrier was infecting in the country – known as the reproduction rate, or R – had risen to 1.1.

Karl Lauterbach, a Social Democrat MP and professor of epidemiology, said coronavirus could start spreading again quickly after seeing large crowds out and about on Saturday in his home city of Cologne.

“It has to be expected that the R rate will go over one and we will return to exponential growth,” he said in a tweet. “The loosening measures were far too poorly prepared.”

Loosened lockdowns also caused caseloads to grow elsewhere, including Iran, which has allowed small businesses, shopping centres and barbers to reopen in the recent weeks
New cases have since grown from 802 in early May to double that over the weekend, taking the total number of confirmed infections beyond 107,000.

Lebanon has reinstated some restrictions after its caseload grew again over the weekend, after falling to zero at the beginning of last week. “The situation is getting worse,” the country’s interior ministry said in a statement announcing a curfew that had been pushed to 9pm would be brought forward by two hours.

A cummincable disease is spread by contact and proximity to others. It's pretty obvious that loosening restrictions on social contact will increase cases.

Last edited:

kn0ppers

Germany’s Robert Koch Institute for disease control said in a daily bulletin on Sunday the number of people each carrier was infecting in the country – known as the reproduction rate, or R – had risen to 1.1.

Karl Lauterbach, a Social Democrat MP and professor of epidemiology, said coronavirus could start spreading again quickly after seeing large crowds out and about on Saturday in his home city of Cologne.

“It has to be expected that the R rate will go over one and we will return to exponential growth,” he said in a tweet. “The loosening measures were far too poorly prepared.”

They also reopened the gyms in some states (of Germany obviously, we have federalism much like in the US). There was a short clip on national news today. It showed people working out with facemasks but apart from that everything looked like it did before CoVID-19. I am also very doubtful about my gym and their countermeasures. I know the people who are in charge, they largely aren't the smartest bunch. And to say that the average gym member here is not the smartest, most respectful or responsible member of society would be an understatement.

maty

Major Contributor
Coronavirus update: Germany’s new infections rise by nearly 1000, reproduction rate at 1.07
https://www.fxstreet.com/news/coron...w-infections-rise-by-nearly-1000-202005120404

[ According to the German disease and epidemic control center, Robert Koch Institute (RKI), the number of confirmed coronavirus cases rose to 170,508, with a total of 7,533 deaths reported on Tuesday.

Cases increased by 933 in Germany on Tuesday versus Monday’s +357. The death toll rose by 116, the tally showed.

The institute estimates the virus reproduction rate (R-value) at 1.07 as of Monday.

On Sunday, the infection rate climbed again above 1.0 to about 1.1, despite fewer new cases, as the curbs on public life were loosened... ]

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Coronavirus update: Germany’s new infections rise by nearly 1000, reproduction rate at 1.07
https://www.fxstreet.com/news/coron...w-infections-rise-by-nearly-1000-202005120404

[ According to the German disease and epidemic control center, Robert Koch Institute (RKI), the number of confirmed coronavirus cases rose to 170,508, with a total of 7,533 deaths reported on Tuesday.

Cases increased by 933 in Germany on Tuesday versus Monday’s +357. The death toll rose by 116, the tally showed.

The institute estimates the virus reproduction rate (R-value) at 1.07 as of Monday.

On Sunday, the infection rate climbed again above 1.0 to about 1.1, despite fewer new cases, as the curbs on public life were loosened... ]
This is worrying.
The rate of infection is surging as lockdown is slightly eased in the countries which did a good job.
Goodness knows how bad it is going to be here, where almost nothing has been done correctly, mainly because our health service, amongst other public services, have been run down over the last 9 years to save money so we were very badly prepared and short staffed, and probably quite a lot of the guidelines were partly driven by this situations, it was hardly likely that we would be told to wear masks when the hospitals and care homes were frantically trying to source them for hospital staff...

Dave Zan

The virus has not been eradicated. It is not controlled

From the Oxford dictionary: Limit the level, intensity, or numbers of.
We have "limited the intensity or numbers of" the virus infections.
From the other university : Under Control:...limited successfully:
The massive reduction in new cases means we have "limited successfully" the spread of the virus.
Synonyms: constrained, curbed, curtailed, limited. Not the same as eradicated.
A bush fire is said to be "under control" when it is constrained, not when it is completely out.
I don't understand why you persist with a pointless verbal quibble, especially when it's not even a correct quibble.
So it's not even pedantic.

we are controlled.

(cue Monty Python sketch. - "I'm bein' oppressed, I'm bein' oppressed")
I didn't know you lived in an anarcho-syndicalist commune.
I assumed you lived in a house that had to meet rules to be approved for construction.
All the details of the pipes and drains were controlled, what the plumber could do, the electricals and what the electrician could do.
You probably drive to work in car, you are controlled in how fast you can travel, controlled which side of the road you drive on, have to stop on red.
Your choice of car is controlled to those that meet ADRs, you must have antipollution equipment etc, etc.
Financial controls, you must pay your income tax, pay your sales tax.
Even your basic functions are controlled, you can't defecate in the streets whenever you feel like it.
So I don't understand the rants about how oppressive the restrictions are.
It is almost funny that the reaction is quite disproportionate when the complaint is that the restrictions are so.

The experts fully expect flare ups as restrictions are reduced.

Yes, I think that's practically universally expected, I already said I did too, what's your point?
We can't indefinitely keep the restrictions you complain about, so we relax them and deal with the flare ups.
We quite successfully dealt with the first wave and we are better prepared to test and trace than previously.
So the hope is that we can deal with some flare ups successfully.
No certainty but looks possible to me.

Tests...don't account for asymptomatic carriers, or people with minimal symptoms who haven't been tested.

Tests are now so widespread that asymptomatic carriers would be detected.
With the current test rate of ~10,000 tests done for maybe one positive then the asymptomatic rate is almost certainly below that ratio.
I already pointed out that if there was a substantial undetected carrier population then unexplained cases would occur.
In fact we see very few cases where the source cannot be identified.
So Australia looks better placed to ease restrictions than almost any other country, of course except NZ.

..but my point was that its not correct to beleive we have "control" over this. We have just changed our behaviour...

Well yeah, our behaviour is how we control a situation.

As of yet we have no idea...what level of restrictions will be necessary.

Yeah, so we all need to deal with whatever the reality turns out to be. I find it helps to relax.
Or, as our British friends say - "Stay Calm and Carry On."

There seems little chance we will ever "do it" ...

Yes, my comment was in the context of a discussion with a fellow Australian so "we" just meant Australia.
I think you are correct in the more cosmopolitan sense of "we" as humanity.
Sorry to be so parochial.

Best wishes
David

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
From the Oxford dictionary: Limit the level, intensity, or numbers of.
We have "limited the intensity or numbers of" the virus infections.
From the other university : Under Control:...limited successfully:
The massive reduction in new cases means we have "limited successfully" the spread of the virus.
Synonyms: constrained, curbed, curtailed, limited. Not the same as eradicated.
A bush fire is said to be "under control" when it is constrained, not when it is completely out.
I don't understand why you persist with a pointless verbal quibble, especially when it's not even a correct quibble.
So it's not even pedantic.

(cue Monty Python sketch. - "I'm bein' oppressed, I'm bein' oppressed")
I didn't know you lived in an anarcho-syndicalist commune.
I assumed you lived in a house that had to meet rules to be approved for construction.
All the details of the pipes and drains were controlled, what the plumber could do, the electricals and what the electrician could do.
You probably drive to work in car, you are controlled in how fast you can travel, controlled which side of the road you drive on, have to stop on red.
Your choice of car is controlled to those that meet ADRs, you must have antipollution equipment etc, etc.
Financial controls, you must pay your income tax, pay your sales tax.
Even your basic functions are controlled, you can't defecate in the streets whenever you feel like it.
So I don't understand the rants about how oppressive the restrictions are.
It is almost funny that the reaction is quite disproportionate when the complaint is that the restrictions are so.

Yes, I think that's practically universally expected, I already said I did too, what's your point?
We can't indefinitely keep the restrictions you complain about, so we relax them and deal with the flare ups.
We quite successfully dealt with the first wave and we are better prepared to test and trace than previously.
So the hope is that we can deal with some flare ups successfully.
No certainty but looks possible to me.

Tests are now so widespread that asymptomatic carriers would be detected.
With the current test rate of ~10,000 tests done for maybe one positive then the asymptomatic rate is almost certainly below that ratio.
I already pointed out that if there was a substantial undetected carrier population then unexplained cases would occur.
In fact we see very few cases where the source cannot be identified.
So Australia looks better placed to ease restrictions than almost any other country, of course except NZ.

Well yeah, our behaviour is how we control a situation.

Yeah, so we all need to deal with whatever the reality turns out to be. I find it helps to relax.
Or, as our British friends say - "Stay Calm and Carry On."

Yes, my comment was in the context of a discussion with a fellow Australian so "we" just meant Australia.
I think you are correct in the more cosmopolitan sense of "we" as humanity.
Sorry to be so parochial.

Best wishes
David
Spectacularly missing the point :facepalm: and quite wrong on so many points there Im not sure where to start.

The virus is not under control, it is not eradicated. We have just limited it's spread.

Are you really equating the removal of our freedoms with house building regs? Really?
Are you really comparing it to contributing to society by paying tax? Really?

Why are you so dismissive about the hugely negative effect the lock down has had on a great many people for a great many reasons?

Tests are not anywhere near that widespread. As of April 2nd:

More than 260,000 coronavirus tests have been carried out across the country as Australia continues to respond to the spread of the deadly pandemic.

Those testing levels equate to only 1 per cent of the population. People who have mild symptoms will only be tested if they seek it out. Asymptomatics will have no reason to be tested. Until now those carriers have had their social contact restricted.

If Oz in such a good position to lift restrictions why are the government so desperate for people to download the tracking app? To the point of saying restriction lifting is conditional on enough people downloading it. They are expecting outbreaks, and want to try and contain them very quickly because they are very worried about it rapidly spreading again. The evidence from other countries indicates this is exactly what happens.

No this is not going to be over in another month as you stated.

BTW I'm a dual citizen ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom