• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[No Politics] What you need to know about CoVID-19 by SARS-CoV-2 [No Politics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

Major Contributor
On February 15 there was a meeting of Health officials in Brussels. Germany and France warned the other countries that they should prepare. Many did not do it on time and others did it wrong (France and the first round of the municipal elections).

maty

Major Contributor
Aglomeraciones en la noche italiana en el primer fin de semana desconfinado
[Spanish] https://www.elperiodico.com/es/inte...-el-primer-fin-de-semana-desconfinado-7973421

Crowds on the Italian night in the first unconfined weekend
https://translate.google.es/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https://www.elperiodico.com/es/internacional/20200524/aglomeraciones-en-la-noche-italiana-en-el-primer-fin-de-semana-desconfinado-7973421

terrazas-abarrotadas-una-plaza-turin-este-fin-semana-1590320024355.jpg

[ Deputy Interior Minister Matteo Mauri has warned that Italy is still in "a very dangerous phase" because, although infections have been falling for weeks, there is a risk of backing down if citizens do not respect security protocols. "It is true that now you can go out but it is necessary to keep the safety distance and use the mask. Some, particularly young people, do not seem very sensitive to these indications"... ]

[ In the capital, Rome , many young people, many without masks, crowded last night in the most festive neighborhoods such as Trastevere, Monti or Ponte Milvio, encouraged by the good weather. The same scenes have been lived in other cities such as Turin or Naples... ]

Piove, porco Governo / It is raining, swine government

kevinh

Glad to see people outdoors. I didn't notice any 60+ or obese folks in the photos.

maty

Major Contributor
But everything has its times, the phases are to be fulfilled. If there is a regrowth they will be the first to complain. If the police watched more surely we would not see those images now. If police do not, it is because they have no orders to do so.

kevinh

But everything has its times, the phases are to be fulfilled. If there is a regrowth they will be the first to complain. If the police watched more surely we would not see those images now. If police do not, it is because they have no orders to do so.

Watch the elderly especially those with comorbidity. ()% of deaths in the US people over 60, Italy average age of those who died 81.

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
On the other hand it is increasingly clear that the risk of outdoor infections is very small. Infections happen indoors, in bars, churches etc.
Yet, in NYC, per the mayor, if you enter the water at the beach, by yourself, the authorities will come and make physical contact with you and drag you out of the water!:facepalm: I thought the idea was to social distance. What could go wrong when a couple of people wrestle with you and drag you around? Yes, you could drown but you can die in a lot of other ways too. Just post signs saying NO LIFEGUARD and let people take their chances. Otherwise, we are going to have to outlaw things like skydiving and riding motorcycles.

LeftCoastTim

Forum Donor

kevinh

Missouri number of deaths per the CDC 676, number of cases per CDC 11,752.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Please provide your source of data for this statement please?

A quote from a politically slanted news site - one that is not friendly to NY politics I would add - scroll to the very end:
Northwell Health said three of its medical centers were so overtaxed at one point they had to put some ICU patients in hallways. To relieve pressure, the company eventually sent more than 1,700 COVID-19 patients to nursing homes.

Pre-lockdown, NY, like most countries, was doubling cases every 2 days. So lets say that our lockdown came two days later. What do you think it would be like here? What I envision is a death spike twice as large as what we experienced, which would have been quite tragic and massively overwhelmed our hospitals, nursing homes and temporary facilities that were setup.

It is very easy to spin things into political hot potato’s when people ignore the facts of the situation. NYC and surrounding areas very narrowly avoided overwhelming our hospitals. That’s also because the hospitals were under orders to double bed capacity, I should add.

I reduced a previous post, so read above in the thread for context.

overwhelmed is different from overtaxed

I don't disagree with your overall characterization.

kevinh

northam-no-mask-.jpg

The Governor of Va at Va Beach yesterday. No mask in a crowd no social distancing.
His earlier proclimations:

“We are at the beginning of a period of sacrifice. This s a difficult and unprecedented time… I have faith in you as Virginians,” ...“We need to take this seriously and act responsibly. We will get through this together.”
The order went into effect immediately All public beaches were closed “for all activity, except exercising and fishing. Social distancing requirements must be followed.”

“If people swarm these beaches and ignore social distancing rules or the regulations the city has put into place, I will not hesitate to reinstate Phase 1 restrictions or even close the beach outright if necessary.”

BTW the Governor is a Physician. Rules are for peons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom