• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Kii Seven

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I probably have a Kii mug I could send you both as recompense for the emotional trauma.
Keith

napfkuchen

I probably have a Kii mug I could send you both as recompense for the emotional trauma.
Keith
Thanks for your offer, but I have already reached phase 6 of crisis management. Listened to a lot of music and cried a lot...
Thanks Asia ... there is life beyond hi-fi escalation. :D Sorry, and now back to topic? Maybe? :cool:

songOVERsound

I am curious if the cardioid response will extend as low as the Three’s and what the distortion will be (in the cardioid range specifically)

I have KEF r11’s and will get a Trinnov Nova, but if these speakers perform to a certain standard, it would make more sense for me to snag these instead because I could relocate my mixing/listening position and save a ton of space.

Also curious where the crossovers are and if vertical dispersion will be improved since the tweeter is closer to the woofer compared to the Three.

Need measurements!

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am curious if the cardioid response will extend as low as the Three’s and what the distortion will be (in the cardioid range specifically)

I have KEF r11’s and will get a Trinnov Nova, but if these speakers perform to a certain standard, it would make more sense for me to snag these instead because I could relocate my mixing/listening position and save a ton of space.

Also curious where the crossovers are and if vertical dispersion will be improved since the tweeter is closer to the woofer compared to the Three.

Need measurements!
The cardioid response won't and can't approach that of the Threes. Maybe 200Hz if you're lucky.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
KII 7 costs around the same price as 8351/8361
Should be interesting ;)

songOVERsound

The cardioid response won't and can't approach that of the Threes. Maybe 200Hz if you're lucky.
Oof. That’s a hard pass for me then. My SBIR issues seem to fall between 100-250 hz depending on how far away from the front wall I am

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
It's a never ending story
I suggested this before, but is there anyone willing to create an asr pearljam5000 fund raising so you finally can get a pair of 8361?

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
I wonder how price and sales correlate with these kii’s. How many more would they sell if they were 5000 a pair?

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I suggested this before, but is there anyone willing to create an asr pearljam5000 fund raising so you finally can get a pair of 8361?
Lol
I wonder how price and sales correlate with these kii’s. How many more would they sell if they were 5000 a pair?
They would sale a ton more @ $5K
I really don't understand the logic behind it.
Maybe they could lower the price in the future like KEF did with LS60

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
They would sale a ton more @ $5K
I really don't understand the logic behind it.
Maybe they could lower the price in the future like KEF did with LS60
They’ve probably thought of a price point themselves, but I wonder what the cost price would be and at what price these speakers could be sold.

Lower price means more units sold, where my guess is that Kii doesn’t sell that much units. More units sold doesn’t neccesary mean that it’s a less exclusive speaker? Does that matter? Kii could think: we want as much people to enjoy great sound and therefore we lower the price, expand points of sale and sell lots of units.

napfkuchen

Kii could think: we want as much people to enjoy great sound and therefore we lower the price, expand points of sale and sell lots of units.
One would hope so. But perhaps it's also a matter of production capacity and costs (labour costs in Germany, lack of automation). But no matter how expensive it is to make these speakers, their pricing is ridiculousl (especially for the remote, color options and stands).

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Personally I enjoy his suffering.
Keith

Top Bottom