• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Hypexsales is the same NCOREx technology in the Nilai500 with just another name, or are they completely different technologies (and why)?

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
some time ago. I believe in this same thread. Anyway here they are again:?
Nilai500DIY: 350,-
PS500DIY: 250,-
Mono kit: 820,-
stereo kit: 1225,-
pre amp kit: 1225,-
all prices in Euro and ex VAT.
Thank you! Need a beta testor, lol???

Reactions: MCH

MCH

Major Contributor
From the website:

DIY PREAMPLIFIER​

To complement our DIY amplifier modules we introduce our DIY PreAmplifier kit. Just like our amplifier kits you get a complete kit to assemble an analogue high-end preamplifier. Add-ons like a DAC, Phono stage and EQ will be released in the nearby future.

interesting... even though i guess it will end up costing much much more that i will be able to pay for it...:D

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello folks!

A couple of quick notes:
  1. Amir and I are working with @Hypexsales to get evaluation hardware, but did not get an early unit and so may be months before we see something.
  2. As he mentioned, he has very limited time to participate in the forum, so please be patient and mindful that he may not get to every post.
Thanks for your consideration,

Rick

Michal

From the website:

DIY PREAMPLIFIER​

To complement our DIY amplifier modules we introduce our DIY PreAmplifier kit. Just like our amplifier kits you get a complete kit to assemble an analogue high-end preamplifier.
strong words, or maybe magic words

jamescarter1982

what would be really good for me is if these people who design these amps could design an analogues electronic crossover and parametric eq with these kind of noise and distortion figures

Carlalex

Looking forward to these. One question I have for @Hypexsales is about the variable gain. I can see the jumpers in the photo, is the layout of the circuit such that it would be suitable to connect those to an external gain selection switch? Any precautions in doing so?

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
From the NCoreX thread...

1664708462432.png

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What a great response to a direct question... :facepalm:

Not disagreeing, but in their defense, Hypex is more directly engaged here than others...

They are discrete even with their OEMs (am one for sake of full disclosure). All I can add is they are dealing with supply chain issues but expect they will have some positive news for ASR members very soon. :)

AndreaT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
(Pretty ?) Graphs!
View attachment 206988
As noted by @boXem | audio in a previous thread, gains are not identical for the different amp measurements in this graph. You can check the sources for details, but some are unknown.

Concerning the Nilai modules: I welcome the lower idle power consumption and the inclusion of a standby PSU in the SMPS module - that should significantly reduce standby consumption. I would expect below 0.5 W (due to EU regulations). That was a relevant weaknesss of the NC122MP and NC252MP from my point of view. And 2x NC400 + SMPS1200 wasn't any better than those two integrated modules - unless combined with a dedicated standby PSU, of course.

Sources:
(Pretty ?) Graphs!
View attachment 206988
As noted by @boXem | audio in a previous thread, gains are not identical for the different amp measurements in this graph. You can check the sources for details, but some are unknown.

Concerning the Nilai modules: I welcome the lower idle power consumption and the inclusion of a standby PSU in the SMPS module - that should significantly reduce standby consumption. I would expect below 0.5 W (due to EU regulations). That was a relevant weaknesss of the NC122MP and NC252MP from my point of view. And 2x NC400 + SMPS1200 wasn't any better than those two integrated modules - unless combined with a dedicated standby PSU, of course.

Sources:
I measured 15 W at idle for each of the 2 Hypex NC400…a bit too much indeed.

Top Bottom