• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The new Hypex NCOREx MP series

Positivevibrations

Next up from Hypex will come the new NCx MP series (mains powered) amplifier lineup. Expect this series to mirror the current Ncore MP series:

Only upgraded with objective specs in line with the improvements seen with the new NCx500 modules. I’m expecting 5W/1khz SINAD’s in the -110dB region.

Who’s excited about this news? I know I sure am! This is going to be a revelation of price vs performance in amplifier technology. And make for very simple builds as everything is integrated onto 1 single board.

OP
P

Positivevibrations

In this interview, Neils Burema of Hypex disclosed that these new amps will be making their way into the Hypex active speaker amp plates as well:

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very cool! I for one would love to see some cheaper plate amps from Hypex in line with this development, but somehow I'm not holding my breath...

OP
P

Positivevibrations

Very cool! I for one would love to see some cheaper plate amps from Hypex in line with this development, but somehow I'm not holding my breath...
Their current plate lineup is quite reasonably priced. I don’t expect much of a price increase for the NCx versions.

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I am hoping to get a Ferrari Monza SP2 for Christmas :).

More seriously, from what Hypex told me back in May
- nothing to be seen this year
- range may not be cloned from current range
Pricing is completely unknown. The price increase from NC500 to NCx500 is quite steep, I just hope it won't be as steep for these modules.

Edit: I am not even sure if these will be the next products from Hypex, they have a lot of other things cooking.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, an NCxMP refresh should eventually come, but nothing has been announced yet, much less a launch date. So right now this is speculation just like tech articles write when they are idle with wishful thinking of what the next iPhone model will have lol.

OP
P

Positivevibrations

The power supply section will likely be kept the same. So the price increase won’t be the same 63% increase from the NC500 to NCx500. Probably more like a 30% increase. On the raw modules, not finished commercial builds. Finished commercial amps will likely only increase by around 15% over the standard MP series.

They will still make for the best amps available on the market under at 500wpc and under. And at a lower price than anything from Purifi, or Hypex’s other lines. Active speakers are of course where they will be most useful.

OP
P

Positivevibrations

Yes, an NCxMP refresh should eventually come, but nothing has been announced yet, much less a launch date. So right now this is speculation just like tech articles write when they are idle with wishful thinking of what the next iPhone model will have lol.
No official public press releases yet anyways.

OP
P

Positivevibrations

One of the biggest advantages might be they will be completely idiot proof. No way to match with an underpowered supply, and decrease the reliability of the build.

OP
P

Positivevibrations

Personally I’d pay a bit more for all Japanese caps. They upgraded the caps on the NCx500’s to Rubycon’s. Perhaps we will see the same for the power supply section of the NCx MP series as well.

Top Bottom