• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hypex DSA254 amp module

jooc

Interesting. I'm just about the pull the trigger on an 8-channel NC252MP amp. Sounds like it makes sense to wait a bit how this one compares.
Curious what you guys are doing with 8 channels, an AVR or media room setup or something like that?

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Usually 7.1 home theater, with 1 channel unused because NCoreMP modules come in pairs.

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm looking into an 8 channel NC252MP from one of the amplifier manufacturers out there. My point is to wait and see how the dsa254 offerings will fit in.
You're better off pulling the trigger on the 252, nothing for you to really gain here that I can see. Also, I doubt you will see these too many of these from the Buckeye type vendors. Someone like an ATI will probably have them for their OEM market or a McIntosh/Rowland boutique manufacturer.

exm

Curious what you guys are doing with 8 channels, an AVR or media room setup or something like that?
I have 6 height channels, currently being served by a Maranz MM8077 (7 channel, FYI). I need at least 6 channels as a replacement, but I might be considering adding front heights. Reason for changing amplifiers:
  • Warranty
  • More power
  • Lower energy usage
  • Have 2 extra channels if I need them
  • We all like to upgrade once in a while, don't we?

You're better off pulling the trigger on the 252, nothing for you to really gain here that I can see. Also, I doubt you will see these too many of these from the Buckeye type vendors. Someone like an ATI will probably have them for their OEM market or a McIntosh/Rowland boutique manufacturer.
Thank you.

mocenigo

Major Contributor
This module is mainly targeted to manufacturers of pro audio. With customers having different needs than yours. Designing PA sound in a supermarket has not a lot to do with home audio. You guys are comparing apple to oranges.

True, but then 10µV residual noise is quite hifi.

Top Bottom