• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New ASR logo proposal

OP
Chagall

Chagall

Forum Donor
For the analog dial lovers :)

Artboard 39 copy 4@2x.png

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This is my new desktop background :)

View attachment 349223
Well, I gave direct, straightforward easy to understand feedback. You could put your best 10 proposals up for a vote. Keep dropping the low one, and vote again, until you have a winner. Working with logos you have to know this kind of thing is a certainty. One you have to learn to ignore.

OP
Chagall

Chagall

Forum Donor
Well, I gave direct, straightforward easy to understand feedback. You could put your best 10 proposals up for a vote. Keep dropping the low one, and vote again, until you have a winner. Working with logos you have to know this kind of thing is a certainty. One you have to learn to ignore.

It's fine man, just the nature of the design in a nutshell :)

Golf

Gorgeous results, Chagall! And they even provide room for improvements ... :cool:

I’d shift the REVIEW a tiny bit to the left and even a tinier bit down, to compensate for the larger gap:

1707771741124.png

Dimitri

Yuck after 20189 messages, 36303 likes
Brilliant, after 1966 messages and 2564 likes.

I think we are done.

Now we can move on to other important issues, for example, do reviewers with a mutsache appear more credible in videos?

digitalfrost

Major Contributor

Paolo

Hi fellow ASR members,

for a while now I've been thinking about modernizing ASR logo and finally, I gave it a go.

First, a bit of context. I'm an art director working in the field for almost 20 years now in various design roles and wanted to give something back to ASR community. The logo seems to be the logical way forward.

The idea of this thread is to include the community in the discussion and if any members want to participate they are more than welcome to share their ideas and logo proposals. In time, Amir can go through the thread and see if there is something he likes. And just to be clear: Amir is under NO obligation here! If he sees something he likes - great, if he doesn't also great.

Without further ado, here are the proposals.

V1A

View attachment 347831
View attachment 347832

V1B - similar to "A" but less abstract version.

View attachment 347833
View attachment 347835

Full-sized images are attached in the .zip file.

Looking forward to the feedback and a fun discussion!
I’m an art director too, it’s funny how since my first visit on ASR I’ve been thinking about how much the forum ”needs” a rebranding.
I’m also a designer, and first would work on a new website, with the review data at it’s core, easily reachable and the community all around it.

My two cents: first attempt looks cool, but a bit too young and lack meaning, the later ones are more pertinent, but maybe too complex. I would also separate the logo from the logotype, a favicon, as well as an icon, should be prioritised.

Best part of the thread is @amirm explaining the logo origins, just like I was imagining them.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not exactly a meter, but measurements :)

View attachment 349392
Thanks, but too busy imo. Would work better as a spectrum analyzer with bar graphs or maybe a simple rta display.

Simple outline of a round meter with the name around edge. Like your volume knob with a meter window and a needle.

syzygy

Gorgeous results, Chagall! And they even provide room for improvements ... :cool:

I’d shift the REVIEW a tiny bit to the left and even a tinier bit down, to compensate for the larger gap:

View attachment 349246
I think "REVIEW" just looks closer to the knob because the knob is shown at an angle (emulating 3D)?

(or am I wrong? - is the knob represented as a white cylinder with a black circle trimming the front?)

Top Bottom