• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Rate this VU meter/Selector

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 51 24.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 149 70.3%

• Total voters

Azathoth

There's no headphone equivalent of this no?

MCH

Major Contributor
You all bunch of noobs, if you really want to VU-meter your system, don't waste your time in minimalist decoration and go the @dualazmak way

1702619434712.png

PS: which also shows that in a multichannel system it can be even useful

Last edited:

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've said something like that before in another thread, but I'll say it again: That thing is wasted money.
It's just for decoration so it's hard to say it's "wasted", clearly some people have a thing for this specific style of meter.

But that TC Electronics thing looks pretty sweet, would be nice to have around while tracking or mixing I think. Might be a little too sci-fi for some living rooms. :)

Endibol

Forum Donor
I've said something like that before in another thread, but I'll say it again: That thing is wasted money. Put 350 Euros on the table (or get it used for less) and get a TC Electronics Clarity M and you'll have something serious and not a toy that's basically just a light show and doesn't show any valuable information.
You mean this!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn't see any microphone input port, but it seems that the introduction refers to the mode of picking up ambient sound and jumping. I am preparing to place an order to quickly switch between my FOSI AUDIO V3 and Dayton Audio HTA100.
So the Mic on the front is a light which when on means the microphone in the back is driving the display levels rather than line levels on the speakers. So an SPL driven mode apparently. You could use that and not even connect it to anything else I suppose.

rolfrander

Forum Donor
“take my money!!”

After joining this site I’ve made all of my purchasing decisions based on reviews I find here. But never has the time from reading a review to making an order been so short. (I am in need of a speaker/amp switch anyway, the measurements and VU are great addons)

DanielT

Major Contributor
Nice test Amir. Cool gadget.:D

I assume the NEOHIPO ET30 is the same as the Fosi Audio ET30 Dual Analog VU Meter? Especially when it says Neohipo on the remote control that is sold together with the Fosi Audio ET30.They look the same anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-15_092612.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-15_092612.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 60

DanielT

Major Contributor
“take my money!!”

After joining this site I’ve made all of my purchasing decisions based on reviews I find here. But never has the time from reading a review to making an order been so short. (I am in need of a speaker/amp switch anyway, the measurements and VU are great addons)
Congratulations on a new purchase. :) VU meters are really nice eye candy. Together with good looks and sensible functions, you don't want to color the signal when external VU meter is plugged into the HiFi chain and it is transparent as Amir showed.Although coloring can still be done, not for the ears but for the eyes. ;) I like this feature, Amir:

Above is set to yellow-green but you can change them to almost any color with the middle knob. Each color was stunning in how intense and beautiful the shades were.

Last edited:

TonyJZX

Major Contributor

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
there's a "MIC" button on the front panel

one would assume it just measures ambient

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Whats the 'mic' on the back panel for?
So it can listen and show the signal without hooking up wires to it. Somehow it must auto-select it when there is no signal on its terminals.

DanielT

Major Contributor
more pics here

https://www.reddit.com/r/BudgetAudiophile/comments/17zum7y

is this one of Fosi's doings?

i suspect Fosi might stick the V3 guts into this one day
I also wondered that in #31. Strange that the product cannot be found on Fosi's website. Not that I can see anyway.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i think these chinese companies will do side projects that arent worth the main name

they outsource to one of the many nameless factories and see how the thing spins

D

Deleted member 48726

So the Mic on the front is a light which when on means the microphone in the back is driving the display levels rather than line levels on the speakers. So an SPL driven mode apparently. You could use that and not even connect it to anything else I suppose.

Yeah but then it's really just for show.

Top Bottom