• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's back from being repaired. It is dead silent from listening position, if you get within a few inches/or press your ear to the unit there is still an oscillating/hum.

But it is much better than before. I can for sure live with it!.

Can anyone else who has one put their ear to it and see if there has this now small issue.
I hear absolutely no hum when mine is operational.

eduardw

Forum Donor
It's back from being repaired. It is dead silent from listening position, if you get within a few inches/or press your ear to the unit there is still an oscillating/hum.

But it is much better than before. I can for sure live with it!.

Can anyone else who has one put their ear to it and see if there has this now small issue.
From very close my two nad also make a very slight hum. Speakers are dead silent.

MichaelEA

Reading here all the quality problems with the C298, I'm dissapointed that NAD haven't improved! Many years ago I bought one of their large T753 receivers. It ended up back for repairs a few times until they gave up and offered to replace it with a newer model T765 (plus a small upgrade charge). The T765 then slowly developed cooling fan problems - the bearings failed and the fans would rattle horrible. I've slowly been disconnecting the fans and it's down to (I think) 2 out 4, but I don't drive the amp hard so I'm crossing fingers it's ok.

aslan7

I love my Nord! Zero problems, great performance, great design. NAD fumbled here.

ba1473

The C298 is a very good power amplifier and has high sound quality, backed up by very good objective measurements.

It is unlikely that anybody on audio science review will recommend a tube preamplifier as all this will do is

Top Bottom