• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Bleib

Major Contributor
Pretty nice Dynaudio Contour s3.4 Limited Edition
1713061245495.jpeg

Bleib

Major Contributor

Waxx

Major Contributor
I just saw a pair of these Avalon Saga's yesterday, in a private setup, and these are beautifull and actually not that bad sounding. But definitly not worth the 350K the owner paid for it. The picture is from internet, the owner did not want me to take pictures. They are snake oil priced, but i'm sure t hey don't measure that bad, when Amir or Erin would do it. Still, better can be had for a fraction of the price of course...

avalon-saga_full-system-sanas-grilles-perspective-from-hot-seat.jpg

JohnnyAudio

I just saw a pair of these Avalon Saga's yesterday, in a private setup, and these are beautifull and actually not that bad sounding. But definitly not worth the 350K the owner paid for it. The picture is from internet, the owner did not want me to take pictures. They are snake oil priced, but i'm sure t hey don't measure that bad, when Amir or Erin would do it. Still, better can be had for a fraction of the price of course...

avalon-saga_full-system-sanas-grilles-perspective-from-hot-seat.jpg
Are these the new AI transgender models ? If so, I'll take a set please.

These were mentioned earlier in this thread, but after watching a B&W factory tour and speaker assembly video, the 801 D4 Signature is more attractive to me than before. Yes it is overpriced, as are many of the interesting speakers in this thread, but still it is one more fascinating example that good people all around the world dream about something "better" and work hard to make their version of it a reality.

801-D4-Signature-California-Burl-Gloss_Image_2.png

Ken1951

Addicted to Fun and Learning
These were mentioned earlier in this thread, but after watching a B&W factory tour and speaker assembly video, the 801 D4 Signature is more attractive to me than before. Yes it is overpriced, as are many of the interesting speakers in this thread, but still it is one more fascinating example that good people all around the world dream about something "better" and work hard to make their version of it a reality.

View attachment 364972
Beautiful wood for sure.

AudioJester

Forum Donor

View attachment 364972
Recently saw and heard these at a local audio show. The photos do not do them justice.
20240407_104015.jpg

MoreWatts

Forum Donor
From Consonance (Opera Audio), fairly well known Chinese company, also market turntables, tonearms and electronics. I'd like to hear some JBL Everest/K2 speakers and their equivalents, like this, someday.

consonancespeaker.jpg

Last edited:

MoreWatts

Forum Donor
Lowther Hegeman. Because this is Lowther I assume there is one single full-range driver doing all the work here. ;)

Lowther.jpg

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In case you're wondering
It's not Photoshop:)
@MattHooper
This one's for you ;)

View attachment 363757

I've seen that Acora speaker the rounds, from Axpona. Admittedly: a little bit cool.

However I don't like speakers made of granite. To me they look cheesy and I can't help but be reminded of kitchen or bathroom counter-tops.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Recently saw and heard these at a local audio show. The photos do not do them justice.
View attachment 364976

Agreed.

A local audio store sells both B&W and KEF lines, including high end models from both. To me the KEF, e.g. the Reference models, look like basically nicely designed and contemporary. But also a bit "off the shelf" or factory cookie cutter in quality. Next to them, the B&W finish (and over all look design IMO) look far higher quality and more bespoke. Closer to audio jewellery. Which admittedly, I get a kick out of.

OldHvyMec

Forum Donor
From Consonance (Opera Audio), fairly well known Chinese company, also market turntables, tonearms and electronics. I'd like to hear some JBL Everest/K2 speakers and their equivalents someday.
Nice looking speakers for sure.

Regards

Top Bottom