• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Screenshot_20240328_042612_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240328_042526_Chrome.jpg
E0MXVHAX0A41fp5.jpg
beautiful-room.jpg

Miguelón

I'm sorry, every time I see any Genelec speaker I always see these:

View attachment 357308

I don't care what they sound like, I wouldn't have them in my home. But that's just me.
:D:D

Lol, I love the design of Gennies, but understand that are quite atypical.

Many years ago I had a pair of Bang&Olufsen Beolab 8000, which are a kind of wonderful organ pipes evocation, anodized aluminium finish was amazing (and a nightmare to clean).

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpeg
    IMG_0465.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 51

Bleib

Major Contributor
1711961842081.jpeg

Status Acoustics 8T Speakers System driven by Pass Labs.

Somehow ugly and pretty, or perhaps just interesting

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
the beauty of form following function. NASA Reverberant Acoustic Test Facility, Plum Brook Station, Glenn Research Center, Ohio. 36 nitrogen-driven horns, can collectively reach a SPL of 163 dB in the room. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Power_Facility

View attachment 96212

By NASA/GRC/Christopher Lynch - NASA GRC, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=18552958
from an old post here but, WOW. Seems like they are mostly quadratic horns, I think I can guess why but does anyone know for sure?
index.php

Last edited:

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That center channel is a tragedy.
All of it seems rather tragically done. Not just looking at it, but my back aches thinking about moving them too!

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
View attachment 360534
Status Acoustics 8T Speakers System driven by Pass Labs.

Somehow ugly and pretty, or perhaps just interesting
All of it seems rather tragically done. Not just looking at it, but my back aches thinking about moving them too!

RBH from 2012. Gene's main system until he replaced them with the SVTRS:

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Well yeah, it's all quite ugly. But the bigger issue is that as an acoustic design a toppled MTM is miserable; a toppled MMTMM might even be more farce than tragedy really.

I lost some respect for Gene D. when he unveiled these things as his "reference" multichannel system. Being expensive and made by a buddy (at least I presume so, given the disproportionate and fawning coverage that company gets from AH) doesn't seem to be reason enough to suffer through that center design IMO.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Well yeah, it's all quite ugly. But the bigger issue is that as an acoustic design a toppled MTM is miserable; a toppled MMTMM might even be more farce than tragedy really.

I lost some respect for Gene D. when he unveiled these things as his "reference" multichannel system. Being expensive and made by a buddy (at least I presume so, given the disproportionate and fawning coverage that company gets from AH) doesn't seem to be reason enough to suffer through that center design IMO.
We've all seen fans of specific companies. He wouldn't be the first.

I'm not defending Gene's decisions and preferences by any means. Rather commenting on the recently stated view that this thread serves both the most wonderful and ghastly of designs, somehow all at the same time!

There is a certain aesthetic to these Status Acoustic Titus. Just as there is the newer flagship from RBH in the SVTRS. They aren't my first choices: either of them. Cost aside. *shrugs

For what it's worth, I definitely agree that the Center would likely benefit from a Mid below that Tweet. They did modify and offset the Tweet in the Center. It would be interesting to see the measurements for this as it is apparently a unique Speaker made to order.

Anyway...

As has been said many a time, there is no accounting for taste. I know my Phil 3s aren't the most stunningly attractive Speaker by any means, Blue Dyed Curly Maple aside. ;) And for everybody that loves a newer KEF or a Monitor Audio, there is somebody that loves Vintage JBL or Wharfdale just as much, or Genelec and Neumann. Let's not even start talking about some of those Horn loaded monstrosities! ;)

Bleib

Major Contributor
1712043379580.jpeg

Another mix of ugly and pretty

This one I actually like, not the most beautiful though
1712043448121.jpeg

JohnnyAudio

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Beryllium tweeters are old-school. How about:

Diamond Tweeter

For the first time in Canton's history, a diamond dome tweeter has been used. This cone material enhances tweeter reproduction with the finest detail. The tweeter retains its accuracy and natural reproduction even at the highest volumes - completely effortless and stress-free.

Pricing, Finishes and Availability

The Reference GS is limited to 50 pairs worldwide. It is offered in one finish as shown above. Retail price is $60,000 in USA and $79,000 in Canada. Shipping now.

Last edited:
OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Beryllium tweeters are old-school. How about:

Diamond Tweeter

For the first time in Canton's history, a diamond dome tweeter has been used. This cone material enhances tweeter reproduction with the finest detail. The tweeter retains its accuracy and natural reproduction even at the highest volumes - completely effortless and stress-free.

Pricing, Finishes and Availability

The Reference GS is limited to 50 pairs worldwide. It is offered in one finish as shown above. Retail price is $60,000 in USA and $79,000 in Canada. Shipping now.
Why not both
Screenshot_20240402_231757_Chrome.jpg

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If I had a "highend" loudspeaker company I would add also a third califonium layer so Magico engineers can go back crying to their drawing boards.

For extreme clients I would also offer a layer of antimatter, but only after they paid the whole price.

Last edited:
Top Bottom