• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
I really do wonder, with color-printable grill fabrics, why isn't anyone offering "art speakers" that have fabric artwork for grills? Of course I'm referencing the fabric on Gik Acoustics' and other's sound absorbing "art panels". Seems like I could start a little business doing art printing replacement grills for big ugly speakers ;)
Have you seen B & O Beosound A9s?

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Halvside_horizontalt_800x900_ModelD (1).jpg
195528znun8sg13cnu8uic.jpg
FB_IMG_1711353177892.jpg
Steinway-Model-B-Lifestyle-Interior-750.jpg
31f42aee6444fe8a37c00e56b2a040be.jpg

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
Something is cooking Demark on the A9 chassis, mains, surrounds, I hope also cloud pendants. I was at B&O las Vegas for training where it was mentioned.
You've got my attention. As I understand it, the current version doesn't have HDMI. If they are somehow able to connect to a TV wirelessly (wisa or, knowing B & O, something proprietary that only works with their tv), that would interest me. I would love a Samsung Frame tv with two A9s wall-mounted on each side, with art covers, zero visible wires. Of course, I would also just love the money needed for that setup...

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Audidrome - YG Acoustics Sonja 2.3i

Completely constructed from aircraft- grade aluminium, using the same CNC milling machine of Airbus assembly.
The most exquisite audio speakers I've ever seen.
Hi Dinesh,

Before starting a new thread. Please use the search function on the top right boarder and look to see if an existing thread already exists and post to that. Otherwise we will have hundreds of separate threads about the same subject.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. :cool:

pjn

I really do wonder, with color-printable grill fabrics, why isn't anyone offering "art speakers" that have fabric artwork for grills? Of course I'm referencing the fabric on Gik Acoustics' and other's sound absorbing "art panels". Seems like I could start a little business doing art printing replacement grills for big ugly speakers ;)
And if you could have moving psychedelic patterns synchronized to the music imprinted on them, I'd be a customer....

Dinesh Menon

Hi Dinesh,

Before starting a new thread. Please use the search function on the top right boarder and look to see if an existing thread already exists and post to that. Otherwise we will have hundreds of separate threads about the same subject.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. :cool:
Sir, sorry for the mistake.
Actually I tried to post it through the reply section below the existing thread, but I was unable to do so.
And I assumed that the 'title' work like a hashtag.
Now I'll go by your instruction.

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It's veneer, not real wood. I'm talking about using real wood or at least plywood in stead of plastic, mdf and so. Veneered mdf can be nice, but it's not the same as real (ply)wood, nicely finished to a high level. That is where i may pay a extra price for, not for those glossy blingy speakers that are sold today, nor for the utility look of most pro audio speakers (including studio monitors).
Plywood is just crap wood with veneer as an outer layer. Veneer is real wood. Peeled off of logs or sliced from logs. Veneered MDF cabinets will perform better in speakers and likely any other applications than any flexible low density plywood cabinets. MDF is just too heavy for some applications. The veneer on mdf finish would be exactly the same as on a plywood cabinet as you are applying finish to a thin outer layer of hardwood. Solid wood has been too expensive for even higher end office furniture for years. Veneer is not lesser and does not imply cheaper. I have been in high end commercial office furniture business for decades. It’s all veneer on particle board or MDF. And it’s not paper thin veneer all the time either.

Dinesh Menon

The two posts above were brought here from what had been a new thread with a duplicate title. ASR has SO MANY threads that it is hard to keep up with reading them. 2 threads with the same title just creates confusion. Thanks to the admin for merging the new thread.

Edit; I was writing while AdamG was posting.
Sorry again for creating the confusion.
I stand corrected.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Sir, sorry for the mistake.
Actually I tried to post it through the reply section below the existing thread, but I was unable to do so.
And I assumed that the 'title' work like a hashtag.
Now I'll go by your instruction.
No worries mate. Just try is more than enough. Thank you for your kind and receptive response Sir. Have a great day!

Top Bottom