• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
At one point many years back I had seen the actual build article that showed the whole thing start to finish. It's out there if you are interested in the sleuthing project.
I got curious and did some digging. Royal Device is the "company" that built this, or designed it...
Search on Royal Device Subwoofer and you'll find some info.

They seem to have converted their website to religious and apocalyptic conspiracy now. *shrugs

To each their own, I suppose.

Regardless, I did find the Italian page for this project:

:)

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I hope that amp don't fall off the sub, it looks to be already teetering with the bottom right showing about an inch off
the woofer. Not exactly the best place to locate a tube amp in any case, maybe it adds euphonic distortions? LOL
He said about that sub that a few of them could put a crack in a building's wall

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
And then one small carpet, just to ensure that the acoustics are completely handled :cool:.
That's for kneeling down before the shrine. ;)

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Another version of these speakers was already shared here way back in post #1207, but they're so obnoxious I wanted to share them again with a current model (Reflector Audio P18, ~$35k/pair). The gratuitous use of 18" Faital Pro woofers in a completely open baffle setup (or, NB, as in "No Baffle") is entertaining:
reflector-audio-bespoke-p18-pair.jpg

Naturlyd

You really need to have the horns vertically aligned on those huge horn rigs. If you want a cohesive soundstage with any sense of 3D/depth/width.

Otherwise you just end up with a wall of sound. The Avantgarde Acoustic Trio is a good example. The original version just emits a lot of noise and do generate a weird soundstage while the "horisontal" edition with the same horns/drivers sounds way more defined even if they also could be improved on.

Attachments

• IMG_6542.jpeg
    IMG_6542.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6541.jpeg
    IMG_6541.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 81

dagfinn

When I see that shiny white finish all I can picture is a porcelain "something." ... like a high tech urinal with an integrated hand dryer.
Interesting. This is what they "saw" in Finland... Barbapapa (also from Finland). In 1985 him and Stormtrooper/Darth Vader (it came in black too) was the most common references, as I read history.
1709581789196.png
1709584015345.png
1709584054813.png

Myself, I'm somewhere between the stormtrooper and the industrial design of Apple/Mac products in the early 2000-era... :).

Top Bottom