• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I still think this is the one.
Not small or cheap, for sure.

View attachment 284251

(OK, I know, I already posted this on page 15 of this thread. But this version of the photo is much better. And this is the most beautiful speaker in the world ever.)
If the title of the thread was, "Order these random speakers in order of aesthetic beauty", I wonder where this Cabaasse would land... I doubt it would be in the top ten, but then maybe I am wrong.

Actually I think it would be very interesting if we could make a table with all of these entries and vote for our favorites.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
kefls50red.jpg
I still think these look absolutely awesome on white stands...

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, this entire thread is about personal taste - not measured speaker performance. :)
Yep!
I do detest natural wood colors in general (not one single piece of that in my living environment) and I find black speakers boring.
We can agree on this... though in the early 1980s a friend had his living room entirely in black and white. His black Martin Logans looked pretty cool in that environment.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, this entire thread is about personal taste - not measured speaker performance. :)

I do detest natural wood colors in general (not one single piece of that in my living environment) and I find black speakers boring.

By natural wood "colors" do you mean...like...browns? Or do you mean you detest wood finishes on a speaker?

I think wood finishes can look cheesy if it's not well done. I like a mixture of contemporary and wood materials done with a high quality of fit and finish. I like the sense of aesthetic "warmth" added by organic materials like wood. So I like wood somewhere on a speaker, but not a speaker that just looks like a wood box. (Examples would be speakers I own, naturally, but also the larger Focal speakers do a nice mix of gorgeous wood on the sides and whatever-that-shinier-material-is on the fronts).

I agree KEFs are one of the more distinct and cooler looking brands out there as far as the LS50 and Blade speakers (though I find the LS50 a bit plasticy looking).

For their other more traditional floor standing speakers like the reference speakers, I'm sort of undecided. Sometimes I think they look pretty subtle and contemporary, but sort of in a behind the times way, like what "eye catching" looked like back in the 90's or 2,000s.

I also find the B&W D series speakers look significantly higher quality in construction and finishes (even if divisive in aesthetics). They look like a lot of work go in to the speaker where the KEF look like they can be a bit more knocked off in China.

But that's nit-picking because I think KEF is still better looking than a lot of speaker brands.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
i grant anyone everywhere their personal taste ... but yeah none of anything with a wood panel appeals to me. it is not because it advertises "oh i dont like to cut down trees", it is just that any shade of brown is my least favorite color.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
i grant anyone everywhere their personal taste ... but yeah none of anything with a wood panel appeals to me. it is not because it advertises "oh i dont like to cut down trees", it is just that any shade of brown is my least favorite color.

Fair enough.

Green is my turn-off color.

Love it in nature; tends to feel garish and synthetic applied to carpets, furniture, etc.

(And, actually, I got slightly out-voted when renovating our kitchen years ago, so our countertop is a type of dark speckled granite with a green tinge. I still rue the day).

Reddoc

(OK, I know, I already posted this on page 15 of this thread. But this version of the photo is much better. And this is the most beautiful speaker in the world ever.)
Until, Rja, one night, possessed by ChatGPT, those things come to get you!

Andrej

Most beautiful speakers?

About ten years ago I thought these were amazingly cool and beautiful... but times and tastes change. Today I am not so smitten and would rather have something with a lot less drama.

View attachment 250070
To me these are quite beautiful in an avantgarde way, but I first noticed loosely vibrating panels:eek:

Sonny1

Don't know if someone posted these, I used to work in the MilkyWay (Melkweg) in Amsterdam, where we used this until they were replaced sometime in the late eighties I think. Sounded pretty good as I remember, a lot of well known band played over these. Very, very big, powered by Mcintosh amps.

View attachment 282551
Hey Crown K2 amps! I have one powering my subs. Works fine.

Top Bottom