• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I see that speaker and all I can think is this monstrosity:

Wasn't going to say anything, but here I go (don't google this if you're very squeamish). All I see is:
a severe case of rectal prolapse.

...I'm so sorry.

arvidb

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1664060085938.jpg
    FB_IMG_1664060085938.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I didn't think that very many people would remember "Day of The Tentacle" which was a rather obscure PC game back in the day ...

I wouldn't call it obscure. It was made by LucasArts. Can't imagine a PC gamer from the day that didn't know about it.

EDIT: Ohh well. Did a bit of research. Guess I was wrong. It didn't sell very well. And the Monkey Island games sold even worse (WTF!?) The life of cult classics are strange...

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder what the correlation is between the speakers here and in the worst measuring thread.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I liked the original more (for looks). The slender hourglass curves on the side and rounded cross-section gave it a more organic, musical-instrument-like appearance.

View attachment 294667
View attachment 294668

I agree, the contrast between the black and wood sections, as well as the horizontal lines between planks, also break the mass up visually. Overall the old design is much more intricate and meticulous.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I prefer the new one, it's not impossible they measure ok, but I've not bothered to look the price up, I'm sure it's madness.

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I wouldn't pay 50k or even any dollar, for a pair of speakers that look like curved bars of soap.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wouldn't pay 50k or even any dollar, for a pair of speakers that look like curved bars of soap.
I'm not crazy about most high-end speakers, either. Trying wayyyy too hard.

Top Bottom