• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Yviena

So does the channel balance measurement mean that it is bad at around 9-11 o'clock or?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
below 8-9 o'clock I reckon. This, however, may vary from item to item.

Yviena

Wonder if it's possible to change it to ALPS RK27 10/20kohm.

SoyBean0809

This one just fulfilled all my expectations, would like to get one as soon as it is availible.
A small question though, is it able to use the xlr input and have output via the rca out? It would be convenient if yes, elsewise just several pull and plug when changing between hp amp and active speaker so doesn't matter that much.

Veri

Master Contributor
A small question though, is it able to use the xlr input and have output via the rca out? It would be convenient if yes, elsewise just several pull and plug when changing between hp amp and active speaker so doesn't matter that much.

I'm afraid not. The RCA pass through works by splitting the RCA input. XLR = no dice.

snowsurfer

My 789, which I ordered on July 23rd and paid for on August 23rd, has been delayed (like many others here I guess). If the Monoprice becomes available on the 14th as their website suggests, I will also cancel the Drop order and get another one on Monoprice. I can't deal with the Drop BS any more tbh.

Shane D

Forum Donor
My 789, which I ordered on July 23rd and paid for on August 23rd, has been delayed (like many others here I guess). If the Monoprice becomes available on the 14th as their website suggests, I will also cancel the Drop order and get another one on Monoprice. I can't deal with the Drop BS any more tbh.

The SMSL SP200 is available now, for a lot less than either of the above.

Shane D

snowsurfer

The SMSL SP200 is available now, for a lot less than either of the above.

Shane D

I completely forgot about the SMSL, thanks. I'll look into it. Canceled the Drop order, got the SP200 for 232€ with 11/11 discount and coupon. Seems like an excellent deal.

Last edited:

Celty

Me 3

VeerK

Ordered one today too, this wraps up my audio source hunt. Pairing it with the M500 purely as a DAC and volume control, excited to set up my new stack on my desk. Wallet crying today, but hopefully will be silent in the long run :)

richpjr

BTW, the warranty for this appears to be 3 years, not 5 years, according to this reply in the Q&A:

how long is the warranty?
This item would have a three year warranty.

Reactions: Tks
Top Bottom