• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of TransAudio(China)DRV134 RCA To XLR Adaptor Converter

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
IMG_3806.jpg
Measure.jpg

loopback.jpg

SINAD.jpg
THDFR.jpg

Last edited:
OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thank you for doing these measurements! Can you please post the result of a loopback test with your AP? This will help in interpreting such low-level distortion results.

OK

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
What's the source of rising SINAD at high freqiencies?

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you also please show pictures of the back of the unit and a link to the manufacturers page, for more info.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this unit active or passive?

Edit, just seen the green light on the front, bit of a clue :facepalm:.

birkbott

US $90.00 | Finished Z1 DRV134 2-channel HiFi Single-Ended Balance Converter RCA To XLR For AMPLIFIER
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/nHmr2Lcc

What is the advantage of using this over an RCA to XLR cable?

Martin

Shipping is $38, wow. I have heard that simple RCA to XLR cables are not good but I've also heard that they are fine so who knows. I think it depends on how they are wired.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
US $90.00 |What is the advantage of using this over an RCA to XLR cable?

It looks like a line driver - 8V output. If you have a balanced amp with low gain then something like this is useful. If you get enough volume from a cable or Neutrik-type adapter, it is probably not worth the real estate on your power strip.

Veri

Master Contributor
I bought one of these before the pandemic. Finally arrived from slow boat. Case is very 'DIY', but it's ok.
The conversion sounds totally transparent, as these measurements show. Output is doubled from RCA. I like it.
Cheaper one
I bought the cheaper BingZi because that's what you tested. No transformer hum and seems flawless to me :)

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
Rca to xlr means nothing except what the conectors are. Is it -10dbv in and +4dbm ballanced out like its suppossed to be?

Veri

Master Contributor
Rca to xlr means nothing except what the conectors are. Is it -10dbv in and +4dbm ballanced out like its suppossed to be?
It is +6dB (doubling the RCA voltage).

Panelhead

Forum Donor
. Very well laid out. I built a very simplified version into a line stage maybe 10 - 12 years ago. This one looks better than my diy.
See the trimmer pots in the power supply and relays on the output. Good Engineering. Never worried about a small difference in +/- rails to trim. Or turn on delay.
I chunked the DVR134 circuit and replaced with a pair of Cinemag line input transformers installed in the amplifier. Was cheaper than this, they were about 32.00 each in quantities of 10.

Veri

Master Contributor
If anyone in EU reading this thread, I have one of these that I'm not using that I'd be willing to sell.
I replaced the DRV134 chips with mouser-ordered ones just in case theyd be fake.

Top Bottom