• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard R26 XLR, RCA SQ

bigfanres

This issue has been touched upon but not precisely, when BOTH XLR and RCA outputs are being used simultaneously….

Setup: XLR out (via converter) to RCA monoblocks, short run, AND RCA out to dual subs with independent gain and crossover control.

Audible, unmeasured findings seem that once the subs were added the SQ on the XLR mains diminished somewhat. Without getting into the unbalanced - balanced debate, can anyone speak to the dual implementation as a possible strain on the R26, AND/OR is my volume level of listening of -40 (low-mod) to near 0 (quite loud db) is the optimal range?

TaxTime

The XLR and RCA outputs are likely in parallel, so running both will (I THINK) throw the XLR signal slightly "off balance." How that would affect things I do not have the expertise, but someone else likely has.

I would surmise that a lot will depend on the resulting output impedance between the two, the input impedance of the monoblocks and subwoofers, and how the converter on the XLRs affect the load on the XLRs.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will point it out.

OP
B

bigfanres

The XLR and RCA outputs are likely in parallel, so running both will (I THINK) throw the XLR signal slightly "off balance." How that would affect things I do not have the expertise, but someone else likely has.

I would surmise that a lot will depend on the resulting output impedance between the two, the input impedance of the monoblocks and subwoofers, and how the converter on the XLRs affect the load on the XLRs.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will point it out.
Subs don’t require much signal power, amps are 22kohms. I have amps on XLR to RCA converter (going to throw in the Benchamrk cable and see if improves), and dual subs off L/R RCAs out. Wondering where volume is ideal on R26, ie, -20, -4, 0. For

Top Bottom