• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Singxer SA-1 Headphone Amp(Preview)

raif71

Major Contributor
thanks. actually this is exactly what i needed... a bit emberassing, hence the title is so on point that it would have been the first hit if i had searched for this topic on asr and not on google :facepalm:
Yes, do search here first but sometime you get hits to ASR too when googling.

R3Forge

This is measuring output voltage, not detecting DC leak.

i thought it is pretty similar but measuring for dc voltage instead of ac. the dc leakage would appear on the same contacts where usually the ac voltage is occuring whilst playing music on the dac above 0 volume. at least that's how i understood it from the resources i found on google. but please correct me if i am wrong. o_O

joseG86

So it is safe to connect the amp with the jumpers to any DAC like D90 or X16 and try the DC mode?

Veri

Master Contributor
So it is safe to connect the amp with the jumpers to any DAC like D90 or X16 and try the DC mode?
These modern DACs should have next to no DC offset so in theory it's safe. The danger is with a malfunctioning DAC presenting more than negligible amounts of DC to the amp which will amplify and send it to the headphones. DC protection is there to ward against this kind of (catastrophic) failure, if you disable it you're on your own. But with a properly working DAC it should be fine.

Better question is, can it realistically affect anything / make a positive effect on the sound? Maybe try it out and if you can't really hear anything, put the DC protection back on.

Inkey31

Forum Donor
OK so, far sounds amazing, but lacking in power, thought the Susvara would run good on this headphone, the A90 pushes it better as of right now.

I flipped the switches to the left, all of them to the left for gain, then I have it on Z-Low.

Does that sound correct?

Veri

Master Contributor
OK so, far sounds amazing, but lacking in power, thought the Susvara would run good on this headphone, the A90 pushes it better as of right now.
So no special "discrete" magic I assume? :) Figures.

Music1969

Major Contributor
What kind of volume control does this use?

Analogue pot?

How's the channel balance/tracking?

Last edited:

Inkey31

Forum Donor
All I know is it needs and extra gain stage, otherwise its a good amp.

Running Susvara he6, no go IMO, needs more gain and a little more juice, but everything else works great.

SeaNNyT

Not having the high/low gain switch readily available on the front sucks. Power switch too, but that is way less annoying than having to access the bottom to switch the gain.

joseG86

Were any of you able to compare the SA-1 to Jotunheim 2?

SeaNNyT

Were any of you able to compare the SA-1 to Jotunheim 2?

I have no doubt judging by measurements and schiits own measurements that this would wipe the floor with the Jot 2. Jot 2 also will not allow you use very sensitive IEMs or headphones without a hiss from too much power (have seen this complaint on several message boards by owners). Plus this has a lot more output connection possibilities with the 4.4. I think this offers better value.

Inkey31

Forum Donor
Hello Shenzhenaudio
I hope you sent the Singxer SA-1 to Amirm for testing

Measurement wise, sure, but the Jot2 has more power and a higher gain stage, and is still state of the art my friend.

Schiit is an American company, and they have good products, I have no problem supporting them.

Inkey31

Forum Donor
I also think the SA-1's z-low and z-hi is really dumb, should have been a gain switch, also they should have added another gain stage.

Top Bottom