• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Singxer SA-1 Headphone Amp(Preview)

Dopaminer

Who's discount are you referring to; thanks?
From 2pm today they started their anniversary sale. It may only be their Aliexpress store.
The SA-1 was $480 $500 from $599 usually. The Gustard H16 was around $350 and I was extremely tempted to go for it, but decided to stick with the SA-1.

Last edited:

vlydog

From 2pm today they started their anniversary sale. It may only be their Aliexpress store.
The SA-1 was $480, from $599 usually. The Gustard H16 was around $350 and I was extremely tempted to go for it, but decided to stick with the SA-1.
Don't mean to be dense, but could you post the link?

Pankar0

YES send ass the link because i see different price range... in Europe the sa-1 is cheeper 499€

1617038940340.png

Dopaminer

YES send ass the link because i see different price range... in Europe the sa-1 is cheeper 499€

View attachment 120992

Sorry guys, that $480 was a typo. It was $500 with shipping.
The very first ad in the screenshot above is what I purchased, from Shenzhenaudio Store. I'm in Thailand, and it came out to exactly 15k Thai baht, which is $480USD. Then they added approximately $20 for shipping. I'm not sure why I paid less than the $524 on the banner, but I will take it. I had been communicating with someone there for the past couple of days, so maybe he/she took a little more off.
It's somewhat complicated discounting - 3% off, and then another $3 discount for every $30 spent. And for some reason, when I purchased it was already discounted from $599 to $581. Then I guess they added the other discounts.

domiji

I will receive my SA-1 tomorrow and was wondering if i can safely use the DC-jumper mod with my Singxer SDA-6 Pro?

Does anyone have experience with the mod? What is the worst thing that can happen?

Veri

Master Contributor
I will receive my SA-1 tomorrow and was wondering if i can safely use the DC-jumper mod with my Singxer SDA-6 Pro?
They're both singxers so it should work. Only a terrible/unsafe/failing/crap DAC will have non-negligible amounts of DC in its signal...
The protection is there just in case though. I can't imagine it will sound different without DC blocking.

Dopaminer

I got mine today (!) and I'm planning to open it up tomorrow and look around inside. I'm also interested in the jumper mod. DAC is Topping DX7.

domiji

They're both singxers so it should work. Only a terrible/unsafe/failing/crap DAC will have non-negligible amounts of DC in its signal...
The protection is there just in case though. I can't imagine it will sound different without DC blocking.

Thanks a lot :)

I will test it tomorrow. From what i have read it should Sound different but it also could be psychoaccoustic.

Veri

Master Contributor
I will test it tomorrow. From what i have read it should Sound different but it also could be psychoaccoustic.
I think only an oscilloscope can see the difference ;) haha.

JoostE

Since more people have been using this, how are you liking the single ended output / input? Is it a significan step backwards? I think the amp is designed with balanced in mind, so single ended might loose some quality?

Nitrium

Since more people have been using this, how are you liking the single ended output / input? Is it a significan step backwards? I think the amp is designed with balanced in mind, so single ended might loose some quality?

No quality changes, just the usual dip in power, but honestly, nothing to be concerned about, IMO. I have a bunch of efficient headphones, and the best I could test with was my HD800S, and it had plenty of power.

JoostE

Ok that is great to hear. Want to get into some serious headphones soon, and might need an amp upgrade, and really liking everything I heard of this one so far, but only have SE headphones right now, and only one that I could upgrade to balanced input.

TheTalbotHound

Forum Donor
If you had to choose between the A90 or the SA-1?

Just got my SA-1 and compared it to the A90. Definitely prefer the sound of the singxer personally. Same detail retrieval, as the measurements would indicate. But the singxer doesn't add breathyness to everything. Not sure what causes this in the A90. Maybe the Singxer's higher input impedance plays nicer with more DACs, including the SGD1 i used to listen to both. My SGD1 has an output impedance of 200 ohms, and the topping a90 barely reaches the rule of thumb of a 10 to 1 ratio with its 2000 ohm input impedance, whereas the singxer reaches it a little more comfortably with its input impedance (according to this thread) being 20,000 ohms. But i don't have an APx555 so ultimately i can't figure out what is causing this difference.

Pillars

I wonder why this hasn't been reviewed by Amir yet. It's a really good amp.

TheTalbotHound

Forum Donor
Would definitely like to see an amir review of this. Definitely with an IEM 50mV DR measurement and ideally with a linearity measurement like Wolf did when he measured the AHB2

saadi703

OK so, far sounds amazing, but lacking in power, thought the Susvara would run good on this headphone, the A90 pushes it better as of right now.

I flipped the switches to the left, all of them to the left for gain, then I have it on Z-Low.

Does that sound correct?

I have a question for you. Lately I am looking to buy another amp from my Susvara and while searching on google, I came accross many of your posts on different forums and it seems you are also looking for new amp for your Susvara. Please let me know, how is your experience with Susvara + Singxer vs Susvara + A90? I also have Susvara +A90 and I am very interested to know that whether the amp has enough power to run Susvara and also what are the differences as compared to A90. I really like Susvara + A90 pairing but on poorly recorded recordings the A90 + Susvara combo is little too revealing and honest. Treble can show sibilance and can come across harsh. I also have Flux Labs FA-10 but I do not like it as much as A90 pairing since FA-10 seems to lack in detail that A90 can extract.

From another forum, I came to know that you have also bought Burson Soloist 3X Performance. How is it pairing with Susvara and how is it in comparison to A90 and Singxer?

Pillars

I dunno.. I'm powering HE-6 with the Singxer SA-1 on high gain and it's got plenty of juice left. Dac pairing is important to me so I have a more forgiving Gungnir A1. Everything sounds fantastic. My system was harsher before with D90/A90. Now, no fatigue.

Top Bottom