• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Measurements of Singxer SA-1 Headphone Amp(Preview)

Test by L7Audio LAB:

https://www.l7audiolab.net/f/measurements-of-singxer-sa-1-headphone-amppreview/

By L7 Audiolab on November 13, 2020
Received singxer's SA-1 earphone (engineering prototype)
In fact, this earphone should have been received for a long time, but it's a pity that part of the output interface of the previous one is short circuited (possibly due to transportation) and sent back to replace it with another
According to the developers, this is "high performance, fully balanced, fully discrete class a earpiece / pre stage", but I said: there is a certain bragging element. Because according to the measurement, I can only believe that it may be class A under "normal headphone output power". Otherwise, it has several watts of output power. If the heat dissipation of this case is pure class A, then it will explode in situ
OK, make complaints about it.
Look at things

Because it is an engineering prototype whose appearance is not for reference, I do not provide evaluation on the appearance.
Less nonsense, more measurement
Balanced input and output no load:

Balance input and output 33 Ω load:

Very powerful performance!
Dynamic range:

多音:

Let's finish today

The translation is completed by software.

jae

The engineering prototype design looks better than most of the newer Chinese products out there like SMSL and Gustard in my opinion. From what I have seen only Topping and Singxer have good aesthetic design. Hopefully this one will come with a matte black finish with no unsightliness, I assume they will match it to the Singxer SDA-6 DAC which looks simple and great. This new amp sort of reminds me of Questyle CMA Twelve because of the toggles, which is my favourite looking headamp although it's performance is not up to the latest standards. I also like the idea of using combo jacks like what was on the Matrix-X, I wish more manufacturers implemented that in their top line products.

Last edited:

jae

Wow, I wonder how much this is going to cost, that FFT is wonderful.
Singxer SDA-6 which is the AKM4499 competitor product to the D90 is about 250-450 more than the D90. So I would expect $600-700 range when compared to the A90, unless the A90 prices falls further in the near future. But they may go lower in order to compete with Topping

OP
T
Thread Starter #8
Singxer SDA-6 which is the AKM4499 competitor product to the D90 is about 250-450 more than the D90. So I would expect $600-700 range when compared to the A90, unless the A90 prices falls further in the near future. But they may go lower in order to compete with Topping
According to Taobao's RMB price, it is estimated to be 599USD

Top Bottom