• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Tomtom

Adorama currently has the Pioneer Elite VSX-LX305 9.2 channel AVR with Dirac for $519 (list $1,199). They also have a 12" subwoofer for $149 (list $449) made by Magnat, the Magnat Alpha RS. Others here may be more familiar with Magnat than I am. For me it was the first time seeing one of their products. At $149 for a 12" subwoofer it is a curiosity I thought worth mentioning. Hopefully others with some familiarity with the brand will chime in as to its worth, or lack thereof.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Adorama currently has the Pioneer Elite VSX-LX305 9.2 channel AVR with Dirac for $519 (list $1,199). They also have a 12" subwoofer for $149 (list $449) made by Magnat, the Magnat Alpha RS. Others here may be more familiar with Magnat than I am. For me it was the first time seeing one of their products. At $149 for a 12" subwoofer it is a curiosity I thought worth mentioning. Hopefully others with some familiarity with the brand will chime in as to its worth, or lack thereof.
Don’t see the deal

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Tomtom

Don’t see the deal
1000000056.jpg

It appears if you start at Adorama's website you won't get the sale price. I don't know why. I initially saw the sale on Slickdeals. I just went back to Slickdeals, clicked through and added it to my cart and the price was $149.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 355682
It appears if you start at Adorama's website you won't get the sale price. I don't know why. I initially saw the sale on Slickdeals. I just went back to Slickdeals, clicked through and added it to my cart and the price was $149.
That sub looks a lot like one of the higher end Monoprice subs. Of course looks can, and often are deceiving.

Tomtom

That sub looks a lot like one of the higher end Monoprice subs. Of course looks can, and often are deceiving.
Going on what little information I could find online, I have to conclude this is likely an example of looks deceiving. Magnat's website provides a lot verbage, but little in the way of meaningful specifications, and no measurements. Of the few specs they do provide, it was the weight that caught my attention. At 31 lbs it is only slightly more than 1/4 of the weight of the 115 lb Monoprice sub it resembles, and a fraction of any 12" inch sub from the likes of RSL, HSU, Rhythmic. Weight alone isn't much to go on, and I'm not expecting top tier performance from a $149 sub. But at it's list price of $449 you are at the same price of the RSL 10". I was hoping to hear from others here who had some familiarity with the brand, and willing to entertain the idea it was the case of a quality manufacturer discounting their product to gain a foothold in a new market (apparently Magnat is more of a known entity in areas outside the US), but as of yet there isn't anything that convinces me that this isn't a case of getting exactly what it seems to be - a budget sub with a price to match. Apologies for the lengthy reply, but since I brought it to people's attention I felt it only right to follow up.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Aliexpress Anniversary Seasonal Sale Starts: Mar 18, 03:00 EST until 3/27

This one has a lot of discounts on audio equipment already marked down, but prices and coupons not good until Mar 18th
Login with the app to clip sale coupons which are:

$5 over $39
$10 over $79
$20 over $159
$40 over $299
$80 over $499

Stack any cash back credit card on top of it like:
Capitol one 3 percent cashback on Aliexpress, or PayPal MasterCard via PayPal
Either will double warranty another year.

This is a yearly sale, the next is
June 12th Summer Sale
Brand Shopping Week (August 18-21)
Then Singles day November 11
Black Friday Nov 20th

Here's a couple I'm looking at as an example:
SMSL D-6s $169.99 sale price

SMSL H300 Headphone Amplifier
$260 sale price
Capitol one 3 percent cashback or PayPal MasterCard via PayPal
Either will double warranty another year.

Both qualify for the $40 off coupon
Then 3 percent cash back
2 year warranty with doubling the factory 1 year
Shop around the stores and check their policies, I'd recommend getting SMSL stuff directly from their store, or the Shenzhenaudio Store is another huge place I've had good results with.

Capitol One currently also has:
Aliexpress 3%
Walmart 5%
Adorama 4%
Newegg 3%
eBay 4%

Some current good deals are:

Topping E70 Velvet AK4499EX DAC $359 used w 1 year warranty -black

SMSL DO300EX $304 used w warranty.
I just got one and the sound quality is fantastic, but 1 watt into 32 ohm means the power isn't unlimited.

SMSL DO400 Full Balanced Headphone Amplifier DAC $375 used w warranty
I have one of these coming next week, can report on it when it comes in.

TOPPING D10 Balanced DAC $90 used w warranty

Topping A90 Discrete NFCA Headphone Amplifier (silver) $400 used with 1 year Hifi-College warranty

I've had great experienced with Hifi-College for their warranty, can't say much about Aoshida-US (if it's used and shipped directly from them it'll be fine, if it's shipped by Amazon, don't get your hopes up).

MoreWatts

Forum Donor
About half-off on some white Revel Concerta speakers. Crutchfield (USA) for example, shown with list and sale prices:

F35WH$880.00 $ 400.00
F36WH$1,100.00 $ 600.00
M16WH$495.00 $ 285.00

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Apos.Audio
Save Up to 40% in the Apos' 2024 Spring Sales Event
March 15 - March 27

All discounts:
*Not my spreadsheet, but by Apos.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
AKG N5005 (my favorite IEMs) currently all the way down to $160.

Gotta love the Harman blowouts (and to be sure such blowouts preceded the Samsung buyout too).

Burnsy1

AKG N5005 (my favorite IEMs) currently all the way down to $160.

Gotta love the Harman blowouts (and to be sure such blowouts preceded the Samsung buyout too).
Wow... looks like they went for about 1k when they came out, years ago. I'm tempted... though I wonder how well the battery will hold a charge after sitting in a wharehouse unused for so long.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hifiman Palipads $5.81 per pair and free shipping if you order 2 pairs. I put them on an HE400se last night and was pleasantly surprised. I would swear these are the same as the Palipad which run $50 in both look, feel, and sound. Clips snapped right into place, and the cloth is so much more comfortable than the nylon velour.
I just got two more pairs with coins and coupon for $8.71
There's a lot of varieties, the ones I got that are so good is:
Color: black Mesh Fabric

TOPPING DX3Pro+
Used - good $101

Topping E30 II DAC
Used with 1 yr Hificollege warranty $99

Topping D90LE DAC
Used $550

Topping A90 Discrete Used $400

SMSL DL200 used $150
I just got another yesterday and using it for a daily driver since almost any amplifier except a piggy-sized Gustard will fit on it. 5 volts output and the onboard amplifier is 1.5w @ 32ohm so it's really usable. I keep IEMs on it and swap with the remote to Ampzilla for heavy hitter headphones.

SMSL HO200 Balanced Headphone Amplifier used $199

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow... looks like they went for about 1k when they came out, years ago. I'm tempted... though I wonder how well the battery will hold a charge after sitting in a wharehouse unused for so long.

I'm not sure. I typically use mine with a Quedlix 5k. I think the stock tuning (mid-high boost filter) is spot on but (like all IEMs IMO) they benefit from crossfeed. Keep in mind they come with three cables - a 3.5mm TRRS with microphone, a 2.5mm TRRS balanced, and the BT neckband cable with mic. However, changing the cable is a bit of a pain.

FWIW, I ended up buying a second pair for my travel set. I just like them better than other IEMs I've tried. I wonder how many they've sold. My first ones have an s/n in the mid 30,000's. The ones that arrived yesterday have an s/n of almost 80,000.

Other caveat is they come with a lot of different tips, I think 7 sets, but for me they all suck. Comply foamies offer a great seal and I find them comfortable.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Updated deals, I'm all shopped out and taking a week off, there's some new stuff not on sale at Aliexpress I came across.

Hifiman He6se $470
Hifiman refurbished with warranty (12 months or like them on Facebook to extend it to 18 months)
$509 and coupon code 39OFFRB $39 off refurbished for $470 with free shipping and they never charge me sales tax

Hifiman Ananda Stealth $349 Hifiman refurbished with warranty

Shenzhenaudio Topping A50 III + D50 III + RCA Cable Combo $433

eBay listings aren't mine to avoid a conflict of interest:

Hifiman HE-500 $429 a pretty rare bird to see available at all

SMSL D-6S balanced DAC $145 free shipping

Drop Hifiman HE5XX $105 free shipping. I use one for a daily driver, so comfortable with medium clamp.

Topping G5 $180 used, Hificollege is great about their warranty on used stuff.

Topping A90 Discrete Silver $400 used w their warranty also

There's a black A90D from Aoshida-US for $419
I haven't tried their warranty yet, so don't know if you have to ship it to China. Hificollege is in the U.S. for repairs/exchanges.

SMSL HO200 $199

S.M.S.L D400ES Audio DAC $439 used from SMSL Factory store so they warranty it. I have a D400 coming Wednesday, if it sounds as good as the DO300EX I have, but with 3 watts into 32ohm instead of 1, will keep it. I'm sure this is a good DAC though, the D400 on sale is probably the best value.

SMSL M300SE $103 used from SMSL Factory Store.

It's nice, but if you can swing it, the DL200 is at $151 and I just got another one last week and keeping it for a daily driver. The 1.5watt into 32 ohm amplifier is really good, on the M300SE the 4.4mm isn't bad, but you'll get frustrated and add an amplifier to it eventually for headphones.

SMSL DL200 $151 from S.M.S.L. Factory Store via Amazon shipping

DS_Construct

AKG n5005 still on for 159.99 free shipping and no tax!!!!!!

cavedriver

Andrew Jones' Mofi Sourcepoint 8 and 10 are on sale on their website right now, first time I've seen that before. $2000, down from $3k for the 8, and $3000, down from $3.7k for the 10. Stands are a couple hundred on top of those prices:

Last edited:
Top Bottom