• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just orders an SMSL DL200 for $170 new for Prime Day (ends 3am EST)
A 5 volt DAC and probably a pretty nice amplifier to boot. Equalizing an HE6SE with a -6db preamp reduction will push anything to it's limits, so I go for the higher voltage. So cheap compared to the others. Going to put my $80 Sabaj A20H on top of it. This amp was designed for a 5 volt DAC, but the matching original D20 has been out of production for over a year.

I test a lot of headphones for the business (for function like channel balance testing) so having every connection available will be handy. Rather put the money into this than a drawer full of adapters.

Kouioui

Forum Donor
JBL PRX908 B-Stock

I'm getting a pair of these. Using the EQ in THIS post, I hope to have something approaching 708p performance for quite a bit less.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Electronics Expo is selling new samples of the recently discontinued Denon AVR-S660H 5-channel AV receiver for $299.99 with fulfillment by Amazon (USA)

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
The NHT SuperZero 2.1 is in stock and for sale on Amazon US, price is $96. This is a somewhat controversial speaker on our forum, it does have a cult following. I would love if one of our members bought this speaker and sent it in to Amir for testing. It's small and nonported, people speak highly of it's midrange. For $200/pr, it may be really good for desktop use.

SMc

The NHT SuperZero 2.1 is in stock and for sale on Amazon US, price is $96. This is a somewhat controversial speaker on our forum, it does have a cult following. I would love if one of our members bought this speaker and sent it in to Amir for testing. It's small and nonported, people speak highly of it's midrange. For $200/pr, it may be really good for desktop use.
If you want any bass at all, move up to the SuperOne 2.1, also on sale. The NHT website says the SuperZero has a new woofer and 2nd order crossover so a retest would be meaningful although I'd rather see the SuperOnes examined as I have a couple of pairs serving as surrounds.

deprogrammed

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hifi-College has a 10 percent off sale on Amazon, including their used items. With a 5 percent cash back Amazon card you can stack a good discount. They also do a 1 year warranty on their used stuff.

4.4mm Two Pack FAAEAL Balanced Cable Compatible with Hifiman $24.99 They also have 3.5mm or 2.5mm and TS or TRS plug versions. I get these and they have a Sennheiser version also. I like Audiophileninja the best, but not going to spend $100 to replace cables on $100 headphones.

6ft 14 AWG Power Cord Extension Connector with 3 Prong US Plug $4.99
I get these since they're really thick and can use them on computers too.

(12 Pack) AmazonBasics Rechargeable AAA NiMH High-Capacity Batteries, 850 mAh $8.99

(8 Pack) AmazonBasics Rechargeable AA NiMH High-Capacity Batteries, 2400 mAh $9.99

Comply Sport Pro Sx-400 Memory Foam Earphone Tips $8.96

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hifi-College has a 10 percent off sale on Amazon, including their used items. With a 5 percent cash back Amazon card you can stack a good discount. They also do a 1 year warranty on their used stuff.
Oddly when I click the link the coupon shows up as "Not Eligible Terms". Perhaps it is over, or perhaps I am on a college do not enroll list.

I do see a few interesting other coupons in the audio coupon section.

- an OSD Trevoce Triple Driver Powered Subwoofer Dynamic Power with EQ DSP App Control in 8-15" sizes. 45-50% off starting at $199 after coupon.
- an interesting looking Bluetooth Receiver with LDAC/ApTHD support and XLR outputs for $102 after coupon
- single or dual 1/4" phone to dual RCA cables starting at $8.99 after coupons.
- Monosaudio 13Awg Hi End Power Cable 3 Prong Audio Power Cable Pure Copper Audiophile Power Cord $26 after coupon

I do not endorse or have experience with any of these products except to say that price history indicates the discounts may be real and that the coupons were active at time of posting.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

-dsr-

- an OSD Trevoce Triple Driver Powered Subwoofer Dynamic Power with EQ DSP App Control in 8-15" sizes. 45-50% off starting at $199 after coupon.
I do not endorse or have experience with any of these products except to say that price history indicates the discounts may be real and that the coupons were active at time of posting.

I haven't heard of the brand, but advertising "triple driver" but actually being one driver and two passive radiators is indicative of terrible sloppiness at best.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Amazon (USA) is selling new samples of the Denon AVR-X4800H AV receiver for $1,699.27 and a third party vendor is charging $1,697.99

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
AKG Y600NC
This is refurbished, still for $50 these seem priced to sell. I have not tried them nor have I seen the/any measurements. Anyone know if these are decent???

Last edited:

Sligulus

AKG Y600NC
This is refurbished, still for $50 these seem priced to sell. I have not tried them nor have I seen the/any measurements. Anyone know if these are decent???

I think this is my first post, but I got these new for $50 and have listened to them for almost a year now. After some EQ tinkering I got them to sound good to me. Other headphones I own: HifiMan Sundara and DT-990 Pro. I don't hate switching to the Y600NC after listening to the others, so that's a good sign.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hifiman Sundara closed back $149 new

Reviews are love or hate, but at least at the price it's not much of a risk. I didn't even like the Audivina so going to pass on Hifiman closed back models until they get the design better. On that note, I'm writing this while using my He5xx daily drivers which I love.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
WiiM's parent company LInkplay is now selling 'refurbished' WiiM Pro Plus streamers at their outlet store on Ebay for $149.00

RichT

WiiM's parent company LInkplay is now selling 'refurbished' WiiM Pro Plus streamers at their outlet store on Ebay for $149.00

Be careful with this company. I have a mini that plays for about 5 minutes that loses connection and needs a re-boot to play for 5 more minutes. I would buy the pro + version but I can't even get the mini to work. I've tried their support and none of there ideas help and than they disappear. Oh well, please let me know if you have any ideas, regards r

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
I have a mini that plays for about 5 minutes that loses connection and needs a re-boot to play for 5 more minutes.

That's unusable and it is disappointing to hear WiiM Support cannot offer a remedy. Consider posting your query to the review thread for the WiiM Mini. Maybe a Mini owner can offer another idea to try.

Top Bottom