• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

ECHO3933

Is this legit? "HIEND amplifier base on MARK LEVINSON ML2 ,pure class A 25W 8ohm 50W 4ohm:" for $691.54 Ships from China.

ECHO3933

$289.00, now that's a deal!!! And I thought 691 was cheap. LOL I wonder what they sound like or are they just a mirage?

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nope. Those are common fakes.

Technically, these are "copies", not fakes. They are not sold claiming to be "the real thing" - but rather as "based on" or "replica".

Edit: These copies or replicas are almost always grossly inferior products compared to the original authentic component.

Like replicars - kit copies of Ferraris and Maseratis - buyers know they are buying not the real thing.

The problematic true fakes are copies of components marketed as the real thing. Even companies like Cayin and Meixing Mingda are plagued with inferior illegal copies that are sold on eBay, AliExpress and other sites by sellers claiming them to be authentic. If you go the the Meixing website, you will be greeted with this message:

Our most recent research revealed that a large number of internet merchants distributing products branded Mei Xing Ming Da.

We are not sure about the origin of those products, hence they are not purchased from our factory or other sources affiliated with our company.

It would be advantageous to consult our factory if you have doubt about the authenticity of your purchased product or if you are in the process of purchasing a product branded as Ming Da Meixing.

In order to benefit from the stringent quality assurance process of our factory and to protect the integrity of our brand, we advise you to purchase only from authorized dealers or directly from our factory if no dealer is located nearby your location. And we are able to manage the logistics of an overseas shipment in a timely and safe fashion.

Please do not buy from EBAY and pay attention especially for the following website, which we confirmed IS NOT our authorized dealers.www.cattylink.com

Meixing Ming Da

Last edited:

JRS

Major Contributor
Great tablet for a midrange price(400 plus shipping): https://www.giztop.com/lenovo-xiaoxin-pad-pro-126.html
Features 12.6" 90Hz OLED 2.5k 620 nits display, SnapDragon 870 octo processor, 6B ram, JBL/ATMOS sound all for 400.
Comparable to the Samsung S7 which goes for about 700.

Mine is on the way, but thought I'd give a shout out as its on sale thru 2/10. I'm more of a PC guy, but this may just change my habits. Sick of lugging a 6# laptop around.

Why Lenovo won't market these domestically is beyond me. The new US counterpart P11 sells for 300 with a mediocre chip set, but even at that is one of the better bang for the buck tabs here in the US. Just need to wipe the Chinese apps, get google play and update the software on the Xiaoxin and you are golden. Maybe 30 minutes to save $300. Incidentally, there are several minor variations including an AMOLED 120Hz display which sells for 700. But this one is the real deal!

Last edited:

Marfes

Great tablet for a midrange price(400 plus shipping): https://www.giztop.com/lenovo-xiaoxin-pad-pro-126.html
Features 12.6" 90Hz OLED 2.5k 620 nits display, SnapDragon 870 octo processor, 6B ram, JBL/ATMOS sound all for 400.
Comparable to the Samsung S7 which goes for about 700.

Mine is on the way, but thought I'd give a shout out as its on sale thru 2/10. I'm more of a PC guy, but this may just change my habits. Sick of lugging a 6# laptop around.

Why Lenovo won't market these domestically is beyond me. The new US counterpart P11 sells for 300 with a mediocre chip set, but even at that is one of the better bang for the buck tabs here in the US. Just need to wipe the Chinese apps, get google play and update the software on the Xiaoxin and you are golden. Maybe 30 minutes to save $300. Incidentally, there are several minor variations including an AMOLED 120Hz display which sells for 700. But this one is the real deal!
Price is 699usd.

JRS

Major Contributor
That's very weird. The link is now broken and redirects you to a higher end model, priced as you say. The one I described is still there, but I had to go to the general page https://www.giztop.com/
Where its featured and click on the offer. Still 399.00 plus 89 for a keyboard/case/stand if you choose.

Marfes

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
Good Lord - I had no idea I needed a Lenovo tablet until I just read ya'll's posts. The worst part is the pain and anguish of knowing that the tablet won't ship until 2/10....

...working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.​

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Good Lord - I had no idea I needed a Lenovo tablet until I just read ya'll's posts. The worst part is the pain and anguish of knowing that the tablet won't ship until 2/10....

...working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.​

You have discovered the secret of consumerism!
That is a good point, and I'm sure a lot (most?) people do that....I suppose one way of getting round that is just not buying shit! Lol, but goddammit I'm buying my 3rd pair of K702 headphone because I'm curious about unit to unit variation, so that's close to the "shit" element! Haha, I'm not saying the K702 is shit, just I don't need another pair. I did get in a sale yesterday for just £83 though, otherwise wouldn't have bought it, but I am aware that I've not saved £32 which is the normal price difference!

Last edited:

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
Ha! Love it! It sounds as though you are embarking on a journey of science all the while being frugal... Excuse me while I litter the rest of the forums with Palahniuk's good words.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ha! Love it! It sounds as though you are embarking on a journey of science all the while being frugal... Excuse me while I litter the rest of the forums with Palahniuk's good words.
Ha, right, after googling Palahniuk & your initial quote I get what you mean!

Luisinky

For anyone looking for a deal on the Revel Performa3 F208 speakers, there is a used pair plus center channel for sale on craigslist for $2500. Retail is about $7000. Location is Spokane WA.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/d/spokane-revel-performa3-speakers/7312832190.html
In Aug 2021 I was able buy a new pair of f208's in Nashville for $3,000. Seems that the dealers are willing to deal if you ask. The F228be's had little wiggle room and I could not justify more than three times the cost. I am really impressed by the f208's and likely could not find a speaker for 3K that outperform them.

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning

JBL Studio 580 - $300/EA​

JBL Studio 590 - $400/EA​

JBL Studio 520C - $90/EA​

JBL Studio 530 - $240/PR​

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

JBL Studio 580 - $300/EA​

JBL Studio 590 - $400/EA​

JBL Studio 520C - $90/EA​

JBL Studio 530 - $240/PR​

It's too bad they don't have a larger 3 way center channel that could keep up with the 590s. Surely they have to realize this is discouraging people who want towers from building a hometheater setup around the 500 series?

fieldcar

It's too bad they don't have a larger 3 way center channel that could keep up with the 590s. Surely they have to realize this is discouraging people who want towers from building a hometheater setup around the 500 series?
Agreed. I just ordered of a pair of 530's so that I could use one as a center channel to replace my 520C. The 520C isn't nearly as bad sounding off-axis as Erin's graph's show. It sounds mostly like a loss of midrange and treble outside of the sweet spot, but it's there. Luckily, I have enough room below my projection screen to keep the 530 vertical (because horizontal defeats the purpose). I've also been finally getting around to measure my JBL S-Center ii, JBL N26ii, and S38ii from my old HT setup. I was really really hoping that I'd love the S38ii as a center, but it somehow has very narrow directivity in the midrange and treble. Oddly enough, the N26ii has spectacular directivity, but both of the n26's have some THD/resonance (~8%THD@[email protected]) that I can't nail down. It may just be something in the cabinets, but it could be the woofers themselves.

Last edited:

HorizonsEdge

Polk's new XT line is on sale
eg: XT70 $211.99 Amazon

fieldcar

Polk's new XT line is on sale
eg: XT70 $211.99 Amazon

It looks like best buy also has the sale.

EdTice

Amazon has the Behringer A800 on a small discount. Normally wouldn't post that here, but given that they've been backordered so long, I'm astonished that anybody would be discounting them at all. So if you are like me and waiting in line to get one, this is your chance to jump the queue.

Top Bottom