• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Making highend RCA interconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangband

Major Contributor
I made a DIY cable using an 75 Ohm antenna cable and some rean/neutrik RCA plugs. Its a single core cable without extensive shielding.

I followed the descriptions from this guy :

The result was a very detailed sound, much more than with my DIY Mogami 2964 cables that sounds dull in comparison. This new cable is not for those who like a slightly forgiving sound.

IMG_4267.jpeg

Last edited:

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
1. Perceptual bias.
2. Removing the shield seems silly and means they are more susceptible to EMI, but at least he twists them to provide some rejection. However...
3. You did not twist the conductors along their whole length, which means they will be more susceptible to EMI.
4. Mogami W2941 is a large speaker cable, you were using that for interconnects?

Seems like a waste of coax, but if you like the sound, enjoy!

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
The result was a very detailed sound, much more than with my DIY Mogami 2964 cables that sounds dull in comparison. This new cable is not for those who like a slightly forgiving sound.

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom