• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magnepan LRS+ - Like New - Off-White Color

ethanhallbeyer

Magnepan LRS+ - Like New - Off-White Color

Comes with Magnepan shipping box, all packaging and contents, like new. Was only briefly tested upon arrival to make sure everything is fine. Comes with matching metal speaker stand/feet, owner's documentation, spare fuses, mini allen wrench for speaker terminals, and Magnepan badges for each speaker.

$995.00 - Local pick-up with cash in Sacramento preferred, but I can ship (at actual cost) if pre-paid by money order.

Wait time for these direct from Magnepan can be up to 6 months, maybe a bit shorter, depending on their backlog.

Note: uploaded pictures are not of the actual speakers, as they are packed in box. But this gives you an idea what the new LRS+ looks like in off-white.

Any questions, just ask.

Attachments

• LRS_Back.png
    LRS_Back.png
    851.2 KB · Views: 149
  • LRS_Front.png
    LRS_Front.png
    809.6 KB · Views: 135
  • LRS_plate.png
    LRS_plate.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 134
  • LRS_side.jpg
    LRS_side.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 141
OP
E

ethanhallbeyer

What did they change in the plus version?

They did away with the side trim and made it a bit slimmer. I think it was to make manufacturing easier and/or less expensive. They are supposed to have improved sound all around, but the price was increased considerably also.

I don't have the original LRS to compare, and only did a quick test on the LRS+ upon receiving them, so can't confirm the improvements. Wendell, the guy who owns/runs Magnepan, has kept mum on what exactly were the changes made.

To my ears, they did sound great.

AllanMarcus

Typical long winded audiophile article, but does say the pluses are significantly better then the older version.

Top Bottom