• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

m33 , and kef r3 what cross over settings i should use?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 51459

hi i own nad m33 and kef r3 what cross over settings i need to use from the amp it self i have so many options?

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
hi i own nad m33 and kef r3 what cross over settings i need to use from the amp it self i have so many options?

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Get things going without the sub first. Get the R3s connected and check that the speakers are OK at a fairly low volume. Once that's done, since you have walls and corners here and are listening in near field, cross over to the sub at 100Hz (or closest setting) as recommended in some other threads here.

Note though that 80 or 60 would be more normal for these speakers if you were using them on stands and listening from further away in a typical room setup.

Did you ever read the other R3 threads here as I suggested weeks ago? There are users here using the R3 as desktop speakers already who have discussed these things. Learn from those threads, you'll do better than repeating the same questions. Just search for R3 and you'll find them

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Get things going without the sub first. Get the R3s connected and check that the speakers are OK at a fairly low volume. Once that's done, since you have walls and corners here and are listening in near field, cross over to the sub at 100Hz (or closest setting) as recommended in some other threads here.

Note though that 80 or 60 would be more normal for these speakers if you were using them on stands and listening from further away in a typical room setup.

Did you ever read the other R3 threads here as I suggested weeks ago? There are users here using the R3 as desktop speakers already who have discussed these things. Learn from those threads, you'll do better than repeating the same questions. Just search for R3 and you'll find them
I don't think he has a sub at this time.

josefK666

I’m getting slightly concerned now as the OP hasn’t posted for at least ten minutes. I’m worried that he may have just turned everything up to 11 and been instantly concussed. Anyway, fingers crossed.

I have R3’s and they’re excellent speakers so I wish the OP the best – I’ve loved these threads too. No idea how we’ve ended up with R3’s as desktop speakers (not ideal for that role) and a NAD M33 but I hope he’s enjoying it at least as much as I am.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

In 1 hour i will reply to everyone + i will provide small demo of nad m33 + kef + dirac. I am not impressed Kef r3 is junk will upgrade them not sure when and with what yet , amp and dirac has not improved much junky chinese speakers i really had high hopes. i have spender few hours tunning this nad m33 tunning dirac etcs... i use their microphone attached to nad

josefK666

In 1 hour i will reply to everyone + i will provide small demo of nad m33 + kef + dirac. I am not impressed Kef r3 is junk will upgrade them not sure when and with what yet , amp and dirac has not improved much junky chinese speakers i really had high hopes. i have spender few hours tunning this nad m33 tunning dirac etcs... i use their microphone attached to nad
That's my evening sorted, thanks mate! In the spirit of solidarity I might use my R3's and play your demo through those 'junky chinese speakers' so I can fully appreciate your struggles.

Will you be wanting to sell the NAD now by any chance?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Another new thread. That is two today alone.

It is NOT OK to keep asking each individual question about your new system in a new thread.

It is very troll like behaviour. If you want to convince us you are not a troll, stop acting like one.

Midnight Audiophile

Usually trolls derail, attack, and provoke discourse, this is that extra special kind of trolling based on fishing. It's all fun until you get so many lines in the water that you get tangled up and catch a hook in the eye.

Last edited:

samysound

Isn't the NAD manufactured in china as well?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

View attachment 234031

Here is junky dirac measurement,
i made /tried many measurement with included mic , because from my phone which is latest i dont manage to do anything proper so i made measurments from my pc...
with dirac i find it worse to be honest.
nad m33 have vents on the left on the right and on the top so it needs to be in place where you have good ventilation
You don't have a sub, so none.

Are you really going to create a new topic for every little question? How about just one topic from now on: "Bladest audio adventures"

I have jvc sub, but sub doesnt help these speakers, they are low quality , again i have mark levinson system as a benchmark
and i also have focal utopia in my car,
another benchmark, hard to beat all these systems with chinese stuff r3.
with or without dirar,
i tried different cross over at 80 or 100 or other i even tried music from my phone streaming and from my pc from digital port.
i read everything yes.
I’m getting slightly concerned now as the OP hasn’t posted for at least ten minutes. I’m worried that he may have just turned everything up to 11 and been instantly concussed. Anyway, fingers crossed.

I have R3’s and they’re excellent speakers so I wish the OP the best – I’ve loved these threads too. No idea how we’ve ended up with R3’s as desktop speakers (not ideal for that role) and a NAD M33 but I hope he’s enjoying it at least as much as I am.

With what do you compared r3 with old vintage satelitte speakers or? with kef reference 1 or focal utopia or focal diablo or something else.

These speakers are low quality at high price and its not worth the money thats my honest opinion.
About the nad amp i had so many issues which i resolved today, software is junk , otherwise i like build quality its miles away from muso software and hardware but its acceptable , not for this price at 6000$
software is slow to react respond etc, no on off button from the app..
muso was lightning fast and sounds better than r3

Can I have your R3s? I'll pay for the shipping.

Yes if you have shipping adress in my country,
you can get them yes.
Their current price for brand new speakers with 5 years warranty from me is 1200$ but i ship to my country only bg.
That's my evening sorted, thanks mate! In the spirit of solidarity I might use my R3's and play your demo through those 'junky chinese speakers' so I can fully appreciate your struggles.

Will you be wanting to sell the NAD now by any chance?
Nad i dont plan for the next 2 years, but even if its for sale, if i ship to usa shipping is very expensive + vat + custom fees and every country outside the europe. i like solid block of aluminium it reminds me of my naim muso which is quite better.

here is my small demo with and without dirac on kef r3 and nad m33.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I thought the Naim Muso was too? The OP really liked that. Those happy days are long gone now though.........
Ok let me explain
NAIM MUSO have glass
under it
it have better alimiunium and more compared to nad m33 cheap plastic.
what else
software is lightning fast it even have on off butons from the app nad m33 doesnt have you need to use the remote how stupid is this and software delay is around 10 seconds or more...

caught gesture

Forum Donor
View attachment 234031

Here is junky dirac measurement,
i made /tried many measurement with included mic , because from my phone which is latest i dont manage to do anything proper so i made measurments from my pc...
with dirac i find it worse to be honest.
nad m33 have vents on the left on the right and on the top so it needs to be in place where you have good ventilation

I have jvc sub, but sub doesnt help these speakers, they are low quality , again i have mark levinson system as a benchmark
and i also have focal utopia in my car,
another benchmark, hard to beat all these systems with chinese stuff r3.
with or without dirar,
i tried different cross over at 80 or 100 or other i even tried music from my phone streaming and from my pc from digital port.
i read everything yes.

With what do you compared r3 with old vintage satelitte speakers or? with kef reference 1 or focal utopia or focal diablo or something else.

These speakers are low quality at high price and its not worth the money thats my honest opinion.
About the nad amp i had so many issues which i resolved today, software is junk , otherwise i like build quality its miles away from muso software and hardware but its acceptable , not for this price at 6000$
software is slow to react respond etc, no on off button from the app..
muso was lightning fast and sounds better than r3

Yes if you have shipping adress in my country,
you can get them yes.
Their current price for brand new speakers with 5 years warranty from me is 1200$ but i ship to my country only bg.

Nad i dont plan for the next 2 years, but even if its for sale, if i ship to usa shipping is very expensive + vat + custom fees and every country outside the europe. i like solid block of aluminium it reminds me of my naim muso which is quite better.

here is my small demo with and without dirac on kef r3 and nad m33.
With Dirac, the output level will be lower than without in order to allow headroom for the correction. Your listening position, and therefore where you are recording the sound for these videos, is entirely inappropriate, especially considering the lack of toe-in of your speakers. I can imagine it sounds terrible. You’ve spent all this money on components but are not even sitting in an advantageous position to get the best out of your equipment. Why don’t you just buy a lifestyle speaker, streamer, all in one unit, that doesn’t care about positioning? A Devialet Phantom, or something similar, would cost you less than your current set up and be far more suitable for your needs and real estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom