• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

No subwoofer output NAD M33 and Dirac Live

dako

Hi,

I recently bought a NAD M33 and have problem with that there is no subwoofer level when I export from Dirac live. I really hope there is someone here who can point me in the right direction

Information:
Amp: Nad M33
Speaker: Focal Kanta 1
Subwoofer: KEF KF92
Crossover: 60hz
Subwoofer on, NAD M33

When I run REW without Dirac Live engaged on the NAD M33, please see attached file 1, the subwoofer level is good, green colour, after I select Dirac on, there is a massive -40db drop and it doesn't matter how much I turn up the volume on the subwoofer, it seams as there is no signal at all under 60hz although crossover setting is fine and output is 1 subwoofer. Please also see the other attachment from Dirac Live who also detect the subwoofer. The speaker level and subwoofer level also is calibrated to -32 in Dirac.

I really hope there is someone here who can point me in the right direction

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 14.48.50.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 14.48.50.png
    356.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 14.48.37.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 14.48.37.png
    805 KB · Views: 93
OP
D

dako

I found the solution, its a Dirac Live bug, anyone who have the same problem should download Dirac 3.4.4, after a whole day of testing, finally I've a tight bass :)

Descartes

Major Contributor
I found the solution, its a Dirac Live bug, anyone who have the same problem should download Dirac 3.4.4, after a whole day of testing, finally I've a tight bass :)
How do you like the NAD-M33

Stulle

hey! just found your post, do you have a link for dirac 3.4.4 i cant find it on their website/have somehow the same problem... (made another post regarding my problem and it seems that you have a solution...) or maybe we can pm to exchange the file (?)

Stulle

wohooo :D thank you so much. tomorrow is a new day with more testing :D

OP
D

dako

How do you like the NAD-M33
So far I really like it, I read mixed opinions about the software and usability, some say the amp has a hiss noise but for me everything has been stable and the amp is dead quite. I'm coming from a Lyngdorf 1120 and I really loved the software and RoomPerfect, I miss some functions like voicing and input gain per channel and the usability of RoomPerfect. Obviously the M33 amp quality is much better on the NAD and that was they main reason i upgraded. The remote control is useless, I've no idea what they were thinking (or not thinking) with supplying that monster remote with this high end amp. The Lyngdorf has set a standard what I want functionally wise and its quite hard to find and amp that has all that, Room correction with bass management, HDMI eARC, PEQ, on/off from app, input auto sense, streaming, volume from app or Spotify. The NAD doesn’t have a PEQ but I can use Dirac for my needs. When you get use to those functions its hard to go back to an analog amp. Its just a pity that the SINAD is so low on the Lyngdorf. I guess they will upgrade in the future. So really recommended from my perspective. Oh, the sound, I mean its a Purifi amp so its will sound as an Purifi amp :) Neutral with low distortion and a lot ot power reserve.

OP
D

dako

wohooo :D thank you so much. tomorrow is a new day with more testing :D
Great, I was on my way to return the M33 and then I found the information, now with everything setup its a wonderful sounding amp, good luck!

pogo

Major Contributor
The remote control is useless, I've no idea what they were thinking (or not thinking) with supplying that monster remote with this high end amp.
A Bluesound RC1 will also work if the original is too big for you. The NAD SRM1 will also be available soon. Here are the instructions for the included remote control: HTRM2

What is not listed here, however, is the possibility to call up BluOS presets under MP (Device Selector). The numbering is the same as under the app.
These BluOS presets are programmed directly on the RC1.

The NAD doesn’t have a PEQ but I can use Dirac for my needs.
This also works with many NADs and I use it to equalize my headphones. Here is the necessary M33 DL project: Link
And here an example: Link

Last edited:

rDin

Just hit this problem today with a new M33. Using 3.8.2. The measurement process works just fine - subs are correctly measured. But once the filter is exported and the Dirac profile selected on the M33, the subs vanish :eek: Those of you who solved this with 3.4.4, where are you these days? Have you stuck at 3.4.4 or are you able to use later revisions without the problem?

rDin

I reached out to Dirac and they have a new beta 3.9.1 that is supposed to work too. They provided a link for the download, but I haven't yet tried it. I did rollback to 3.4.4 and that worked, so thanks for that advice!

Merifon

3.9.1 beta works with Nad C3050LE. The subwoofer channel does as required. With 3.8.2 was mute.
Just seen a new beta 3.9.7 is available. It has same changelog plus "Fixed an issue that could cause the app to stall after a failed login attempt", not listed for 3.9.1

rDin

3.9.1 works with my M33, plus you now get the slider adjustment on the subs, which weren't there on 3.4.4

Redbone

Hi,

I recently bought a NAD M33 and have problem with that there is no subwoofer level when I export from Dirac live. I really hope there is someone here who can point me in the right direction

Information:
Amp: Nad M33
Speaker: Focal Kanta 1
Subwoofer: KEF KF92
Crossover: 60hz
Subwoofer on, NAD M33

When I run REW without Dirac Live engaged on the NAD M33, please see attached file 1, the subwoofer level is good, green colour, after I select Dirac on, there is a massive -40db drop and it doesn't matter how much I turn up the volume on the subwoofer, it seams as there is no signal at all under 60hz although crossover setting is fine and output is 1 subwoofer. Please also see the other attachment from Dirac Live who also detect the subwoofer. The speaker level and subwoofer level also is calibrated to -32 in Dirac.

I really hope there is someone here who can point me in the right direction
I can't get my Kef subs to receive audio from the sub out. I assume that you had no problems with the KF92?

Top Bottom