• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Grrr, I bought them for 99,95$ thanks to your earlier post :facepalm:
Still waiting since .. 3 weeks now.
It took 5 days to be delivered (in the US)
My friend sent me those exactly 2 weeks ago and USPS carries my parcel around in the states since and it leaves the US today :mad:

GeorgeWalk

I did as soon as it was posted. And I went back later to recheck. I never saw the $85.20 price. Amazon also offers prices to selected customer to as a marketing/research ploy.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I did as soon as it was posted. And I went back later to recheck. I never saw the $85.20 price. Amazon also offers prices to selected customer to as a marketing/research ploy.
I saw that 85$ price thanks to the link just before responding yesterday (10:33 my time) ...
Anyhow - it's OVER

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
For price alerts on Amazon I recommend camelcamelcamel
I recommend their official Chrome or Firefox extension, in order to see the history graph, without leaving the website.

I've been using camelcamelcamel for years and it worked okay, but I ended up missing lots of deals since I never checked emails in real time.
I've made the change to use Keepa.com instead to solve this problem.

How I've set it up?
1. Created keepa.com account
2. Installed the official Chrome or Firefox extension which gives me a history graph, without leaving amazon website.
3. Linked my Telegram messenger (which is free to use) to send me alerts.
4. Installed Telegram on my computers and cellphone, so I'll get an alert instantly on any device.

Overall, this wins against camelcamelcamel's email-based alerts. Personally, I'm not a fan of email alerts since every device will pull/push emails at different times, whereas Telegram sends messages instantly.
*The early bird gets the worm* ;)

Plus Keepa is ranked #2k, while camelcamelcamel is ranked #6k on alexa.com, so more people are using keepa.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It was from an alert email from camelcamelcamel.com

stren

Forum Donor
I might have to give these a try at this price...

Mine arrived from the same deal from last week, so far I'm enjoying them, tried them with and without the suggested eq linked a few posts up. I do think the eq sounds better. I think they are reasonable at $400, I think the original $900 price is way too high though. I also wish the cable was longer :)

LearningToSmile

I also wish the cable was longer :)
I could try trade you the ridiculous 3 meter long, 6.5 mm jack only cable that came with my Elears, but trust me, it wouldn't be upgrade. As much as Focal makes nice headphones, the cables are pretty abysmal. I bought a new cable immediately.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Focal Elegia are once again $399 at Adorama. Slickdeals has the promotion link https://slickdeals.net/f/14272823-focal-elegia-closed-headphones-399-free-s-h

These came in yesterday, and so far so good. I feel like that was a good price for what looks and feels like a solid headphone. I ordered a 9' cable that came in as well, which gives a little longer tether than the original. Only had the HD 6xx and the Er4sr before this, so a closed back was in order to round out the small stable.

Thanks for the heads up.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These came in yesterday, and so far so good. I feel like that was a good price for what looks and feels like a solid headphone. I ordered a 9' cable that came in as well, which gives a little longer tether than the original. Only had the HD 6xx and the Er4sr before this, so a closed back was in order to round out the small stable.

Thanks for the heads up.

Glad to help! :)

weasels

Thanks for the heads up.

Would love to hear your thoughts on how it compares to the HD6xx and ER4sr, which are two of the three headphones I listen with the most often (the 3rd being Grado 325is).

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is an odd deal on what appears to be a great price...but you may want to call them or confirm before they ship.

UPDATE: Someone called Adorama and the $449 price is for one speaker...so it is a discount from $700 each to $449, not the $1400 it says on the page.

Adorama has the French engineered Triangle BR08 tower speakers "single" on sale for $449, regularly $1399 (68% off) in Black and Walnut.

The oddity is that $1399 is the USA retail price for a PAIR of these very well reviewed speakers. When you add them to your cart, it says pair in the description, and I understand the final receipt says pair also. On the bottom of the listing page under "What's in the box?" it says pair. All other USA dealers sell them in pairs. So, my guess is that you get a Single Pair of 2 Triangle BR08 speakers for $449, free shipping.

If you did not, you would certainly have a strong dispute with Adorama or your credit card company. YMMV, I have no need for more speakers and cannot vouch for whether this is a nice discount (if you get 1) or a very nice discount (if you get 2).

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Top Bottom