• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Let's be a little nicer, especially to newcomers

JSmith

Master Contributor
But just today some have posted their concern that ASR may be gaining some growing reputation for being, too often, mean-spirited.
I don't see where this comes from... to me it's almost all other audio forums that are mean spirited. Especially those that get paid to allow and support unscrupulous vendors to prey on their members.

JSmith

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't see where this comes from... to me it's almost all other audio forums that are mean spirited. Especially those that get paid to allow and support unscrupulous vendors to prey on their members.

JSmith
I don't frequent a lot of other forums, but Audiogon was certainly a cesspool of angry bloviators every time I looked at it.

I know where the recent comment came from, but I think it was deleted or moved to the 'desperate dealers' thread by the moderators. Someone posted information (basically press) about a new March Audio product and a long-time member jumped all over him.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I din do nuffin.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh yes, this - one of my pet peeves. And very often I could be helpful, but don't bother due to the effort of having to look up a long list of items in an OP's OP. Some people don't even say what the kit is, Just a long list of item numbers with no idea if they are Dacs, Amps, Speakers, Turntables, or even Reel to reel decks etc.
Look, if you don't know what a "300" is then I don't have time to explain it to you. ;)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I din do nuffin.
I really don't like criticizing anything or anyone but the color of your sunglasses does not complement your hairdo.:facepalm:
202403MeanPeopleSuck01.jpg

Top Bottom