• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii THREE

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The filters for placement, 'free space', 'wall' or 'corner' are almost infinitely variable, it really makes a huge difference being able to reduce bass output when the speakers are placed against a wall, because you can adjust each speaker individually you can also adjust output for non symmetrical rooms.
Keith.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The cardiod polar response they do automatically , the placement filters have three basic positions that you initially select ,but then you tune by ear , so if you have an open side to your room you can increase the output to that speaker, and thus create a perfect central image.
Keith.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Pushed tight into corners, boundary filters set to 'corner', contour profile at the moment set to flat, there are sixteen profiles to experiment with!

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Quick Kii update, today Alex and David came around to hear the Kiis, Alex is mostly mastering,David is predominately live engineering, he records all of Nitin Sawneys ' work.
They chose the tracks and played them quite loudly!
Alex initially couldn't come to terms with the bass, he kept getting up and peering behind the Kiis ,he couldn't understand why the bass was'over there' but not 'over here'.
He thought the width and accuracy of the imaging was unlike anything he had heard before , he also said once he had adjusted that he was hearing aspects say of a bass drum that he had never heard before.
It was really interesting discussing audio from the other 'side' , I believe they are just as mad only in different ways!
Keith.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Kii THREE update, until now I have been using the Kiis with a dac/pre ,sending analogue to the Kii's analogue input, today a Weiss INT 203 interface arrived,
http://www.weiss.ch/products/int202-int203

The Weiss is a FireWire to AES/s/pdif interface , it also has a properly dithered digital attenuators and remote!
It means that I can now use the Kiis digital input, and allow the Kiis onboard days to convert digital to analogue.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Kii's remote should be available end of September/early October.
I don't really have any details, the Weiss INT makes a very elegant system.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Kii THREE explained in layman a terms,

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Part two of this review soon,apparently and I just dropped off a pair for a 'Soundon Sound' review not sure when that will be published though.
Keith

fas42

Major Contributor
I was pleased to just come across this clip of the Kiis getting a workout with different types of recordings, and showing their actual potential:

Impressive, and for some reason the playback is at still at 192kbps if the 720p setting is selected - I noted elsewhere that many YouTube videos have recently been re-encoded, and the quality has been dropped to 126 for audio always, if this was done.

This is the standard, from the Kii THREE, that I would have expected to hear in videos; so, a tick from me ...

Newman

Major Contributor
Part two of this review soon,apparently and I just dropped off a pair for a 'Soundon Sound' review not sure when that will be published though.
Keith
Thanks. Is there a link to the thread for Part Two ?

Top Bottom