• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii THREE

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I look forward to your impressions, Keith. This is one of the most interesting products on the market. Not in my price range, but interesting none the less.

Tim

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Tim Hi, the RRP here is Euros 10k a pair, but that does include everything , you just need to add a source/sources of your choice.
I have really high hopes for them , especially after prolonged exposure to the Beilab 90s which are superb.
Keith.

Chuck Gerlach

I'm interested as well [for academic purposes only]. Not in the speaker market but this seems pretty interesting. It will be particularly interesting to see if the "high end" market accepts it given it is active/powered. My guess is that at least in the US it won't be well accepted as it eliminates the ability to employ $75,000 per nano-inch speaker wire and $150,00o per pair of 35 watt tube amps.

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The inability to "upgrade components" has always kept active from succeeding in the audiophile market, and this requires ignoring that decent active design is probably a more significant upgrade than any components can offer.

Tim

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Actives are a hard sell here too, UK dealers simply see them as a 'dead end' no further sales accrued from that customer, much better to continually 'upgrade'.
The Kii THREE is I believe primarily aimed at a younger market , guys that want great sound but not the Hifi shrine.
Keith.

Chuck Gerlach

The inability to "upgrade components" has always kept active from succeeding in the audiophile market, and this requires ignoring that decent active design is probably a more significant upgrade than any components can offer.

Tim

Don't confuse them with the facts. It will really mess with their hobby!!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Looks like Kii have sorted out their remote control for the THREES.
Quote,
We are happy to announce that the Kii Control will be shipping in the fourth quarter 2016.
We are aware of the fact that many customers are asking for this device that will perfectly compliment the Kii THREE. We have done some major redesigns from the original plan...reason being that we want to have it just as beautiful and perfect as the speakers themselves.

The featureset will be as follows:

Lossless volume control inside the DSP of the Kii THREEs.
Mute and dim functions.
Touchsensitive switches for input source selection.
IR remote capabilty.
Additional inputs: SPDIF, TOSLINK and USB.
SPDIF/TOSLINK Inputs: up to PCM 24/192kHz
USB Input: up to PCM 24/384kHz and DSD64 / DSD128
Of course you can keep on using the local XLR input with analog or digital signal just like before.

Additional software settings can be made from the Kii Control as well as updates of the speakers and Kii control firmware.

All packed into a beautiful aluminium enclosure right down the lines of the Kii THREE signature design.'

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The first Kii THREE order is on its way and arrives Monday! yes this Monday should have been a year ago but lets not dwell upon that.
Multi channel with the new Illusonic IAP 4 , ( stuck at UK customs Stanstead) here we come!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have emailed Mike to place the order but no reply I guess he is like asleep ... what kind of business is he running!
Keith

Cosmik

Major Contributor
The first Kii THREE order is on its way and arrives Monday! yes this Monday should have been a year ago but lets not dwell upon that.
Multi channel with the new Illusonic IAP 4 , ( stuck at UK customs Stanstead) here we come!
Keith
Do you have a showroom..? Can I come and have a listen?:)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
That would be delightful, we are in Muswell Hill, North London, I between Highgate and East Finchley underground stations.
Bring some music I have appalling taste.
Keith.

Cosmik

Major Contributor
That would be delightful, we are in Muswell Hill, North London, I between Highgate and East Finchley underground stations.
Superb. Not sure when I'll next be in London, but I'll try to get over there some time. In the meantime I'll be very interested in your impressions when you finally get to spend some time with the Threes.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I sincerely hope they live up to their measurements and hype!
I have listened to the B&O Beolab 90 at length, they are stunning speakers , best I have heard, the Kiis share and are the only other speaker to use that technology, my expectations are high
Keith.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Kii THREES are in the house, first impression ,the stands are really heavy.
Keith.

Top Bottom