• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

Dennis_FL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Was break in required?

Newman

Major Contributor
It never is.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a desktop speaker. Why do you want to use the kef over 1m-1,5 m ?
KEF may disagree that they are desktop speakers :)

img-pdcp-ls50meta-stn01-ftts-dt.png

https://uk.kef.com/pages/ls50-meta

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Kell has a target: sell.
The audiophiles buy a speaker for the decoration, the price and what stereophile write:The sound is not a subject.
The asr measurements tell you what?
If you had a point it passed me.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Look at his absolutely stupid "lifestyle" image:
1628423783986.png

The speakers aren't remotely in line (look at the tile lines). There's no wires to the speakers, the turntable or the system. There's a CD player and what looks like a tuner. Where's the amplifier?

Kent Engineering and Foundry. Now owned by GP (gold peak- the shi#bag batteries you'd get for free in the box...) and now of course, made in China. What a joke.

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
What does the asr measurements tell you?

A speaker thats good for nearfield. If it comes to far field, some would say there is not enough ummpff in the bass department to satisfy.
Like @amirm the basshead ;). Couse if they had enough ummpff, he had given the soccer panther.

Last edited:

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What does the asr measurements tell you?
That if they are used on a stand against a wall like in the picture you will have a perfectly acceptable Hi-Fi speaker covering the most of the musical audio spectrum. The measurement we see are 4 Pi, the picture shows the speakers in a 2 Pi situation. One expects at least 3dB boost around 50Hz, which lift the bass just enough to cover the low end of the most musical instruments. I can live with not hearing the occasional E1 played on a piano or double bass and certainly don't care about the C0 of an organ which is even forbidden to be played these days!

Screenshot 2021-08-08 130931.jpg

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
tiles are very rarely placed straight. if you look at that corner next to the bean bag it's more obvious.

I must be from another world. ;)

A tiler that cannot lay tiles perfectly in any shaped room isn't a true tradesman to me. The tiler that laid large (40x40cm) square tiles in our octagonal 20 square room did it perfectly. I mean down to the millimetre.

Not only that, perfectly flat and not a single void under a single tile. Still amazes me.

gsp1971

Forum Donor
It's a desktop speaker. Why do you want to use the kef over 1m-1,5 m ?

200kHz it's not useful with the ear stopped at 20 kHz.
It is definitely NOT a desktop speaker.

I heard the original LS50 with Arcam amplification in rooms as big as 30m2 and with the listening distance as far as 5m. No problem. In fact, I have never seen the LS50s being set up less than 3m away from the audience in all shows I have come across them.

Top Bottom