• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New KEF speaker?

SS55

It seems KEF is about to launch a brand new speaker. Any guesses what it could be?
Too early to replace LS50 Meta…
Q series Meta?
IMG_9336.jpeg

Robovox

Forum Donor
I’ve signed up - no details as yet… but wild speculation is fun :) cabinet edge on the right hand side looks rounded quite significantly - I had understood that was expensive to do, particularly for the Q series unless perhaps using a material other than wood for the cabinet, as Rega have done with the Kytes and Ayas.

As I say, all just wild speculation.

OP
SS55

SS55

They posted this on 10th August and to me this picture looks like LSX.
The world doesn’t need another small active speaker so I hope it’s something else.
IMG_9405.jpeg

Vladetz

I think it looks wider than ls60

sifi36

It’s a three-way (I don’t think there is a Q with a three-way crossover), you can tell from the driver surround, the two- and two-and-a-half-ways have their z-flex surround. The rounded lateral edge looks just like the LS60, so my guess is a black LS60. I don’t believe the cabinet is ideal for a passive version to be possible, the low volume would result in pretty poor bass extension.

Top Bottom