• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Just wasn't determined enough

007Shortz

Three months ago, my DIY subwoofer went silent. I unscrewed the amplifier module to check whether a fuse had blown. But I couldn't find a fuse. After two months, I wanted to discard the sub. When I unplugged the power cable, I noticed the thick socket and sure enough, there was the damn fuse in a little drawer. But wait, there is more, there was even a replacement fuse inside. The bass has been right again for a month now. Sometimes you're stupid and still get lucky in the end - after two months of no fun. :facepalm:

It makes you wonder what else you've thrown away in your life that was still in perfect condition.
module-hypex-pour-subwoofer-ds20-175w.jpg

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Even in perfect condition?
Doubt it... They were dating him after all...

OH DEAR - it appears my attempt at light hearted tomfoolery may have been misinterpreted. I don't know Ron. I'm sure Ron is a wonderful human being (he is here with us at ASR, and we're all wonderful!).

Last edited:

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been there - after a power surge that trashed a lot of items around my house and buildings I thought it had taken out my Okto Dac8 Pro ($$$$) and despaired for days after a fuse replacement didn't solve the problem. Due to the awkward angle I was working at I had replaced the fuse but put it in the spare fuse position! Tremendous relief at being stupid!

Somafunk

Major Contributor
It makes you wonder what else you've thrown away in your life that was still in perfect condition.

According to some who know me I threw my life away on drugs, hobbies and irresponsible behaviour

;)

OP
007Shortz

007Shortz

After my video recorder broke down, I threw away all my VHS tapes around 2005.

I later found out that there was such a thing as VHS-HiFi.

Top Bottom