• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JPS Superconductor V USB Cable Review

Rate this USB Cable

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 283 96.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters

MyCuriosity

The "listening test" (in particular when it comes to cables that show no or miniscule measured difference) is just to appease the people that ask... "did you listen to it", nothing more really.

It surely is an interesting progression to this new question though. ;)

JSmith
Yes, I agree that is an answer to the question if you've listened to the cable. I am just saying that without evidence to support the claim is equally invalid. If I was doing the measurements, I had a subjective try on it and I could hear a difference then I would go back to my measurements and try out something different. How you explain that one USB cable was perceived as louder?

respice finem

Major Contributor
1000$ for a USB cabel? For that money you can get a ok working beginner system. Thats completly nuts.
Exactly. And yet, some will buy it, based on "belief". It will even "sound better" to them for a while, based on this belief (bias). That's why it's important to inform the uninformed.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

Not having read the review, I voted: "Waste Of Money" .. then again I have an idea how USB works, being in IT. Still...

Peace.

Sokel

Master Contributor
I wonder if all those cables follow the USB specific specs where even the number of plug-unplug is specified (both for plugs and sockets).
I guess we'll never now (about none of them).

KSTR

Major Contributor
When HiFi is a luxury hobby for someone, I can understand why they want good-looking cables from an aesthetics point of view and are willing to pay prices that are high, but still reasonable to them in the greater context of things ($1k cables in a $100k system).
But these JPS cables are not even giving them good looks, they look very cheaply made and butt-ugly...

Soria Moria

When HiFi is a luxury hobby for someone, I can understand why they want good-looking cables from an aesthetics point of view and are willing to pay prices that are high, but still reasonable to them in the greater context of things ($1k cables in a $100k system).
But these JPS cables are not even giving them good looks, they look very cheaply made and butt-ugly...
There are plenty of cheap good looking cables on AliExpress.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Hehe just use wifi. But iam sure some audiophiles will tell you bavarian air sounds better than new york air or vice versa.

JayGilb

Major Contributor
$1k USB Cable is a beginner level, that's why there's no dramatic performance difference. Also it's not science-based AudioQuest, JPS is rather garage cooperation:)
According to Amir's data, the only performance difference would be data loss or jitter being introduced. This cable as well as the generic are passing data without loss and the jitter is below the audibility threshold, so performance can only go south.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
if you can hear it, you can measure it... What measurements you can do to prove your subjective findings? I am not saying is not true. Just a discussion how we can demonstrate, with measurable fact, what your observations have been.
It is quite clear from the language used that @amirm doesn't believe that there is any difference in the audio to hear. In fact he points out in the XLR cable reveiw also released today, that he is simply subject to the "second one listened to sounds better" bias.

Triliza

Forum Donor
They could at least have made them more good looking for that amount of money, they look like cables one would see in hospital equipment. My speakers btw cost about half of what this cost.

Regardless, thanks to the member that send this for testing :)

BR52

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If I read the test here in ASR and see real technical arguments in the HIFI-world are a minority, I am thinking about a cable business including standoffs and so on.
For sure, I will use ChatGPT to find the right marketing blurb for advertising.
Because with my technical education, it's hard to find the right prosaic words.
For my experience, technical information in this world are outdated selling with emotions is the real thing see, automotive....... At least practical information are outdated in advertising as well.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
How you explain that one USB cable was perceived as louder?

It was an uncontrolled test. As such, differences are almost guaranteed to be heard.

delta76

Major Contributor
if you can hear it, you can measure it... What measurements you can do to prove your subjective findings? I am not saying is not true. Just a discussion how we can demonstrate, with measurable fact, what your observations have been.
he was mocking the subjectivists.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
If a company has no shame to call it "superconductor" you should wake up. Its like calling a mowing machine engine Rocketdyne F-1. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom