• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL M2 Reference Master Monitor Review

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Dang, is D&D going big? I know there was speculation about a 10" but I wonder if they're going to 12 or beyond... @Purité Audio hinted at something similar. In-ter-est-ing!
18s” so MKR told me.
Keith

MAB

Major Contributor
18s” so MKR told me.
Keith
1698269385150.png

;)

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Pulkass

Thanks
But is it possible for DIY to reach the levels of a product made by JBL?
I doubt it
Why aren't there DIY Genelecs ?
I guess if you find 'same-level-drivers' or the exact JBL s you can actually make a better, less resonant cabinet. Dampened. De coupled. The frontal baffle, very important for definition and clarity

unknownuser

If you can get JBL drivers it is not a rocket science to copy its simple enclosure and crossover and such has been succesfully done already several times.

Two main reasons you don't often find DIY Genelecs clones, you can't get their drivers easily and also their rounded enclosures cannot be easily copied at hobby level DIY.
What's your definition of easy? It's always hilarious when people show up and say to almost any consumer products that don't buy it just DIY it easily but then a linked video or forum thread shows someone with all of these tools, skills and even for this person it took lots of hours to build just one.
Yes, it sounds easy that you need to just cut wood, glue it and screw in the drivers but only if you have the tools, no need to almost "shame" someone for buying the real thing (though the 12k USD sounds high, in Europe I can see prices around 8000k euros).

Pulkass

What's your definition of easy? It's always hilarious when people show up and say to almost any consumer products that don't buy it just DIY it easily but then a linked video or forum thread shows someone with all of these tools, skills and even for this person it took lots of hours to build just one.
Yes, it sounds easy that you need to just cut wood, glue it and screw in the drivers but only if you have the tools, no need to almost "shame" someone for buying the real thing (though the 12k USD sounds high, in Europe I can see prices around 8000k euros)
I happen to have a friend with a very big wood working lab, l direct, he does! We will copy somehow the concept, buy different hi quality drivers, less expensive than the impossible JBL! And build an even heavier, de coupled, non resonant enclosure. For 2500 euros we make the trick. X over is external electronic.

Top Bottom