• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL 4329p 8”active Studio Monitor series

IMG_4036.JPG

Really nice speakers, especially for their price (got them for $2100 a pair)! Very relaxed and smooth sound.

Hemi-Demon

I with these had an earc hdmi input. I may still buy these for my main bedroom as I moving towards the best sounds with less equipment.

I know they are heavy, but I wish all these JBL could also find there way to Amir for review. Lol

Zzzzz...

Sean Olive's praise for these is probably all anyone could ask for but here is another review because why not?

Some quotes from the conclusion:
"the sound was faultless" and "Although I don’t have any place in my home to house these speakers, I kept dreaming about adding another room." :)

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just think that white noise doesn’t have the same energy content as Music. Bass energy in music is way above HF
Pink Noise is what I use for my testing along with the sweeps.
Even pink noise has much more high frequency than music. Once upon a time I examined the literature about that and found it very skimpy; someday I'll get the right setup and do more analysis of recorded music. Live concerts of various acts all drop like a rock at high frequencies. Very vaguely and roughly like 10 dB/octave above like 500 Hz according to my SPL app. That's why sweeps are not slow or loud, and you don't want to run noise for a long time. Maybe brown noise?

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Measurements by @John Atkinson
1000026127.jpg
1000026128.jpg

ABE43

Has anyone played these at lower volumes and have any thoughts? The measurements are really attractive but I don't want to upset any of the neighbours in my building with late-night movie watching. This would be for a roughly 180 ft² room so they may be overkill as I wouldn't even be able to play these loudly during the day. I have my eye on the 4305P as well but they don't go as deep as I'd like.

cany89

Has anyone got the chance to compare 4329 to 708?
Since 4329 measures pretty well, ha built in streamer, it’s definitely an interesting choice for me. If I buy 708, I will have to use Streamer + DAC (MBP + RME Adi-2)

What say you guys :)

mjgraves

Has anyone got the chance to compare 4329 to 708?
Since 4329 measures pretty well, ha built in streamer, it’s definitely an interesting choice for me. If I buy 708, I will have to use Streamer + DAC (MBP + RME Adi-2)

What say you guys :)
Yes, I'd be very interested in this as well.

Long ago when I was in school, I worked in a studio that had JBL 4435s powered by Bryston. When the M2 came out I read the related research and became very interested.

The 708Ps have more power and DSP capability. But the 4329 are more convenient for consumer applications.

I'm on the edge of ordering a pair of 708Ps. But if the 4329s were available in the same price range, it'd be a tough decision.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Yes, I'd be very interested in this as well.

Long ago when I was in school, I worked in a studio that had JBL 4435s powered by Bryston. When the M2 came out I read the related research and becmae very interested.

The 708Ps have more power and DSP capability. But the 4329 are more convenient for consumer applications.

I'm on the edge of ordering a pair of 708Ps. But if the 4329s were available in the same price range, it'd be a tough decision.

If ever need to care (more) about how things look around here, this would definitely be on my short list to try. Until then I have nothing but praise for my 708Ps.

The only downside is they aren't terribly family room friendly on the aesthetics side, but the upside is that when my cat knocked one off my desk to the surprise of us both, it didn't seem to phase it at all. Plus, the built in handles are pretty handy. :cool:

bodhi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmm... I find it hard to see how 708p would look worse of the two. I guess the materials are a bit industrial looking, but I bet it would stand out less in many rooms.

Top Bottom